The juicebox LOTR LCG Solo Player Tournament (#11) [March 25 - April 7, 2012] [COMPLETED]

By juicebox, in Player community

Budgernaut: you know that you cannot "choose" to engage 3 trolls in a single round. When engaging enemies, you can engage 1 of them optionaly. Then, all enemies with an engagement value higher or equal to your threat engage you automatically.

Since all the unique Trolls have a 34 engagement value, if your threat was 34 or more when they showed up, they would all engage you at once. If it was less then 34, you could only engage 1 of them optionaly, not 3.

Maybe I misinterpreted your post; sorry if that's the case.

SiCK_Boy said:

Budgernaut: you know that you cannot "choose" to engage 3 trolls in a single round. When engaging enemies, you can engage 1 of them optionaly. Then, all enemies with an engagement value higher or equal to your threat engage you automatically.

Since all the unique Trolls have a 34 engagement value, if your threat was 34 or more when they showed up, they would all engage you at once. If it was less then 34, you could only engage 1 of them optionaly, not 3.

Maybe I misinterpreted your post; sorry if that's the case.

No, you read it right. I totally botched that one. Well, it was a fun deck so I don't mind trying it again. Maybe next time I'll get a valid score.

Ok, I'll give it a try, first time in this tournaments. Great idea, by the way. And forgive my english, because is not my native language.

After a couple of tries, I got it with the following results:

Final threat: 48 (it was near)

Wounds on heros: Aragorn 1, Legolas 2, Gimli 8 (of course with 2 citadel plates) = 11

Rounds: 15 = 140

Total Score = 199

I know this is not a good one, but I wanted to try it and participate on this tournament. Anyway, I will try to make a better result before the end date.

About my deck, the heros are the fixed ones, Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli. I used 55 cards using eagles + Radagast, and a little of leadership support with the most of cards being from Tactics. Used 3 cores and all sets including RtR to make my deck.

And the game, well I was sure I was losing again, because the beginning was quite difficult, the allies were down my deck, and I went slow in building my army. When I was quite afraid of my high threat, I went on to the final step, trying to make a desperate attempt, and I got a Gandalf, and the second citadel plate on gimli. With that, and a lot of eagles and cheap allies on my table, I somehow managed to deal with the four trolls engaged to me at once, and taking them down one each round, and together the two last of them.

Anyway, it was a very funny (and difficult) win.

Greetings

Okay, I gave it a few more tries, this time taking it a lot slower to make sure I did it right (especially engaging only one troll at a time). The most unfortunate part was that I won too soon. I realized afterward that I still had a Galadhrim's greeting in my hand and that if I used Feint against the last troll, I could have avoided raising my threat. My score could have been 9 points lower. Oh well. Live and learn, right?

Threat: 34
Dead Heroes: 0
Damage: 6
Rounds: 13 (130)
Victory Points: 13
Total: 157

Not sure if I am yet in time, but just in case here is a better result.

I tried a few more times, and after a couple of loses, I got the following:

Final threat: 22 (that was easy man)

Wounds on heros: Aragorn 2, Legolas 2, Gimli 7 (again with 2 citadel plates) = 11

Rounds: 14 = 140

Victory points = 4 (a Hill Troll)

Total Score = 169

Better result that the first I post yesterday, and an easier game this time.

Same deck as before, but I included 3 Galadhrim's Greetings.

And the game, that one went easier, and I felt at ease all the game. An early Steward of Gondor got my plentiful of resources. I used 2 Gandalfs twice times each (with 2 sneak attacks), and had my threat low all the time. I also found Grimbeorn, and was a great addition with the trolls. Finally I got Celebrian's stone in time for taking advantage of one Galadhrim's Greetings the last round.

Greetings

Congrats to everyone who joined the HUNT in this tournament!

It was fun returning to this quest, and it was a blast playing a tournament with so many Tactics cards.

Well done all! Thanks for playing!! I'll have the Top Ten Hall of Fame updated shortly.

gran_risa.gif