Coins per turn

By mdsnod, in Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game

Assumptions:

1) You are going for an economic victory.

2) You have the resources needed at any given time.

If I have the following tech cards out:

A) Level 1 - Code of Laws (1 coin per battle victory, once per turn, max 4 coins)

B) Level 1 - Pottery (1 coin per 2 resources during City Management, max 4 coins)

C) Level 2 - Democracy (1 coin per 6 trade during City Management, once per turn, max 4 coins)

D) Level 2 - Printing Press (1 coin per 5 culture during City Management, once per turn, max 4 coins)

Questions:

1) Is there a maximum number of coins that you can get on one turn from Pottery? Example, can I turn in 4 resources on one turn to get 2 coins? The other cards have stated limits but Pottery does not.

2) Three of the cards are done during City Management but with different items. Assuming all resources were available, could all three be done during the same turn of City Management? Example, assuming I had 6 trade, 5 culture and 2 resources to spend, could I gain 3 coins in the same turn?

I am assuming the answer is yes because to win in 10 rounds multiples of these things would need to occur to get to 15 coins. Obviously, there are coins on the board, yes, but these 4 techs are where the real coin numbers are. I did not see anything in the rules, expansion rules, or on this forum that explicitly explained this. Thanks!

1) Solo se puede utilizar 1 accion por tecnologia, osea que no puedes gastar 4 recursos para obtener 2 monedas de oro con la misma tecnologia, en las reglas dice que solo se puede utilizar la habilidad de cada tecnologia una vez por turno. saludos

mdsnod said:

Assumptions:

1) You are going for an economic victory.

2) You have the resources needed at any given time.

If I have the following tech cards out:

A) Level 1 - Code of Laws (1 coin per battle victory, once per turn, max 4 coins)

B) Level 1 - Pottery (1 coin per 2 resources during City Management, max 4 coins)

C) Level 2 - Democracy (1 coin per 6 trade during City Management, once per turn, max 4 coins)

D) Level 2 - Printing Press (1 coin per 5 culture during City Management, once per turn, max 4 coins)

Questions:

1) Is there a maximum number of coins that you can get on one turn from Pottery? Example, can I turn in 4 resources on one turn to get 2 coins? The other cards have stated limits but Pottery does not.

2) Three of the cards are done during City Management but with different items. Assuming all resources were available, could all three be done during the same turn of City Management? Example, assuming I had 6 trade, 5 culture and 2 resources to spend, could I gain 3 coins in the same turn?

I am assuming the answer is yes because to win in 10 rounds multiples of these things would need to occur to get to 15 coins. Obviously, there are coins on the board, yes, but these 4 techs are where the real coin numbers are. I did not see anything in the rules, expansion rules, or on this forum that explicitly explained this. Thanks!

The answer to question 1 is no since you can only ever use any resource ability once per turn.

The answer to question 2 is yes. As long as you have the required resources, you may use any number of different abilities.

My answers apparently ended up at the end of the quote instead of after it. Last time I try quoting from my Android phone...

It says in the rules all activated ablities from tech cards can be used only once per turn.