I swear it's not my fault!

By SolennelBern, in Runebound

But the box just jumped in my hands and forced me to go to the cashier and buy it!!!!

Well, after too many months waiting and waiting I finally bought Runebound. I don't know why I waited so long before buying it and in fact it should have been my first game I should have bought back in 2008 when I reentered the boardgame world.

Anyways now, all is well and I have this nice box with HUGE empty insert that I will be sure to fill in the coming months.

Gonna try this baby next monday!

Oops...Weapons of Legend, Traps and Terrors, Cult of the Rune and The Frozen Wastes ordered...

**** this game is fun!!!!!!!!!

It's the number one game around my place, when there's time for it. Grab what small box expansions you can, but keep in mind that for variety, the big boxes are the best buy... trust me, I have all the small box ones except a couple of variants. The big boxes are better than those.

JCHendee said:

It's the number one game around my place, when there's time for it. Grab what small box expansions you can, but keep in mind that for variety, the big boxes are the best buy... trust me, I have all the small box ones except a couple of variants. The big boxes are better than those.

Thanks for the tips!

I already found The Dark Forest in french (La Forêt Mystérieuse) and bought it, even though my game is in english. French is my primary language though so I don't really care about mixed languages.

I received The Frozen Wastes today and later this week gonna get The Cult of the Rune, Weapons of Legend and Traps & Terrors. Next buy is sure to be Sands...but it's a little expansive (48CAD shipped...) but I might buy it anyways for the theme. I also have The Cataclysm and Runes & Rituals on order at my FLGS. After that i'm good for quite some time!

Played 2 solo games last week to learn the gameplay and played my first 2-player game tonight. It was really fun. I got Laughin Buldar from FW and my bro took Battlemage Jaes. Due to really nice rolls I breezed true the game and got my 3 Dragon Runes in just under 2 hours.

BTW, Runemaster Baras is a powerful ally...**** he saved my butt a few time. Add Buldar's ability to boost Allies attack rolls and you got a nice combo!

Runebound, the game I should have bought 2 years ago happy.gif

You are right, this game is a LOT of fun.

I bought my first box last year.. and within 6 months, I put my hands on all runebound products (expansions, everything).

Being a D&D fan for long and having abandonned for various reasons... this board game was THE right fit.

One time we tried mixing 2 adventure variants... the Apocalypse and the Cult of the Rune .. a nice mayhem..

While you run around the map doing quests for the Apocalypse by trying to free some cities from their Curse, the Cult is roaming around, cursing more towns and spreading corruption.. hahaha, very nice.. and you might get cursed if you're caught by them too. I strongly recommand buying these 2, and playing them together when you are confortable with the game rules.

Each adventure variant I tried was well thought off.. congrats to the geniuses behind it.. and the playtesters.. they did a great job.

On a last note.. here's a quick house rule we use when playing..

first I separated the allies and items into 2 piles, so when doing market step.. the player choose what pile he draws from.

it gives some freedome of choice to players.... already have plenty of weapons and armor.. I'll go for an ally this time.... he might not be as good as I hope, but at least.. by drawing from the "ally" pile.. its satisfying already.

anyways.. enjoy Runeboud..

I do.

and wish there is more maps released soon... that's a definite buy for me,

if each new map coming out would be double-sided... that would be even more amazing. cool.gif

sorry, its not "The Apocalypse".. I beleive the name is "Cataclysm"...

Yeah, tomorrow i'll receive The Cult of the Rune, Weapons of Legend and Traps & Terrors. Later this month i'll grab The Cataclysm and Rituals & Runes from my FLGS.

It's really a cool adventure game. The only downside is the lack of interaction between players. One of my favorite game is Talisman 4th revised (which I have all expansions) and we love the chaos and randomness and how we can piss off the other players.

But apart from that this is one hell of a cool game.

Yes, a fair number of Runebounders have Talisman as well. Each game fits a different need. One is competitive adventure, the other more CvC / PvP. One's a little more serious, the other a little lighter and sillier. One has more control (a little) and the other more randomness. An excellent pair to fit mode and mix of players for the night aside from that ex-FRPGer need when FRPG is just too much time and fuss for a busy life. Of the two, Talisman reaches to a wider audience and is more inviting to traditional boardgame players without an RPG background.

JCHendee said:

Yes, a fair number of Runebounders have Talisman as well. Each game fits a different need. One is competitive adventure, the other more CvC / PvP. One's a little more serious, the other a little lighter and sillier. One has more control (a little) and the other more randomness. An excellent pair to fit mode and mix of players for the night aside from that ex-FRPGer need when FRPG is just too much time and fuss for a busy life. Of the two, Talisman reaches to a wider audience and is more inviting to traditional boardgame players without an RPG background.

Good post JCH! Exactly my thought. When you feel like epic adventure and land roaming looking for artifacts and quests, Runebound is the game. When you feel like funny adventuring and random events able to undo all the hard work you did to get to the crown, then Talisman is the game.

It's really hard to play both in one evening though hahah.

Most of my mondays are dedicated to 2-player games, sometimes a single epic game like Talisman, Runewars or Runebound and sometimes 2 or 3 games like Wiz-War, Legend of Drizzt, Zombies!!!, DungeonQuest, Warhammer Invasion to name a few.

But I love both Talisman and Runebound, they're definately in my top 5 games.

SolennelBern said:

It's really hard to play both in one evening though hahah.

Oooo, yikes, no thank you! I've yet to play a full group that could go both ways aside from the time factor. I'll have to go look up Wiz Wars again, since I haven't looked at it in so long that I can't remember what it was about.

**** I'm lucky! Yesterday I found Terrors from the Tomb (in french) and Drakes & Dragonspawns (in english) in the FLGS in my gf city!

Bought both!!!!!

Concerning Wiz-War, go get this game, it's fun at it's purest and most chaotic form! Plays right about 1 hour and is really really fun!

A must buy imo.

It happened the same to me last month. Now I´m trying to buy the expansions. Hard to find!

Great Game!

Oh, got my hands on Sands today for cheap!

Think I got everything I ned to play for a while with Frozen Wastes, Sands, Cult of the Rune, Traps & Terrors, Drakes & Dragonspawn, Dark Forest, Terror from the tomb and Weapons of Legend.

Love this game!