Burning brand

By monkeyrama, in Strategy and deck-building

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but: I just noticed that Burning Brand can be attached to any Lore character, not just heroes. Really shows that I should read the cards more carefully. Anyway, it seems that there's a nice combo (potentially) with the Silvan Scout, since any attack at a base value of 2 essentially causes no damage (the scout healing itself when readying if I read it correctly). I knew the brand was powerful, but it seems that there's so much more to it now I've read it correctly. I'm really liking the (slowly) growing synergies between Silvan characters. Do others always use the brand on heroes, or is it more useful on allies?

yeah i didnt notice that at first, i had it on glorfindel the other day-who is my 'bro-mance' guy at the moment :P

Yeah this is a really good combo. I was experimenting with it when we were trying to force the silvian deck. This is defiantly one of the combos that would go into that deck, though it is so hard to pass up placing the brand on frobo (needing a belt or song) as he can take nearly any hit and servive and is a hobit so you can add in hitches and get a potential 6 untap effects on him in a 2 player game to just block everything.. add some defense marks or better yet that tap @eagle +4 def.. and he can block even the witch king with out any trouble. This is what I usually use brand for... frodo can hold off entire armies by him self.

richsabre said:

yeah i didnt notice that at first, i had it on glorfindel the other day-who is my 'bro-mance' guy at the moment :P

heroes over 10 threat all are in my lame pile :P

7775589.png

crap meant gildor- always get their names mixed up- which is strange because i cant stand the glorfindel card

Hadn't considered Burning Brand with Frodo (Burning Brando?). That's really quite a good combo, thanks! As my deck running the combo I mentioned before has Frodo in it, I may try it out. I thought about the Brand on Gildor, but can never escape wanting to use his other stats. If only he was a Hobbit, we could hitch him up...

In multi-player I think the Brand on Haldir is quite nice, but as I mostly play solo I guess I'll have to leave that.

I've also been trying to squeeze in heroes I stopped using because of their mega-threat (Aragorn atm, but wanna try out the Prince too). Just can't break the habit of keeping threat as low as possible.

Throw Self-Preservation on the ally with BB as well. It's nice having a 4th 'hero' without the threat cost. :)

I use it on Denethor in my deck. 3 Defense with no shadow effect is pretty badass defense. I just use forest snare on guys with 4+ attacks