New Race: Artefact Bound Daemons

By Leogun_91, in Black Crusade House Rules

So during one of my games one of my players really started to like one of the cursed heirlooms owned by another player and when he died asked if he could play the book. Of course I said yes and started to work something out.

So here are my first draft for rules to Artefact Bound Daemons:

Excuse the poor picture quality, I hope it won't be too painful to read, chaos does come with a price. http://www.filedropper.com/artefactbounddaemon

OK, moderator remove this...a machine spirit oddity caused multiple posts.

-ALL HAIL THE OMNISSIAH-

Link don't work for me.

I like the fresh idea even if I think that it is far to limited and separated from the goals of the other characters for it to work. If I would add a race it would probably been "Mutant".

That really is a cool idea. Kudos to any player who can pull it off.

I love the idea.

I've been thinking how to add 'Daemon' as a playable race, and this is a very nice way to do it. I especially like the minion-as-wielder idea.

Admittedly I've been thinking of Daemon as a 'loose' player - workable within the screaming vortex - and just needing a daemonvessel outside it, which I'll probably add as a talent working somewhat similarly (a minion that they're stuck inside for the duration).

First comment - an unkillable player is a bit harsh. I would suggest that Death and Consequences be triggered whenever the Bearer is killed. After all, 'magic armour' with sixteen previous owners is clearly not going to be especially impressive, is it? Equally, obtaining a suitably worthy yet gullible 'wielder' strikes me as something which should make a nice side quest for a player group!

Second comment - daemons don't have as much 'freedom of conscience' as mortals. For all their power, their actions are constrained by their nature and that of their makers. As a result, I would allow a starting player to pick an alignment (including unaligned) but once they pick it they cannot change their alignment - and may not select any advance which would cause them to do so.

Third comment - starting trait of size(2)? Given that this could be anything from an amulet to a suit of armour, I'd let the player pick it.

Sorcerous Artefact - I would have thought a confined daemon would count as 'bound' for psy purposes - he can't let rip with his full powers or he'd be outside, taking names and kicking tentacle.

Sorcerous Artefacts should use the Daemonic Pysker variant instead of either Unbound or Bound in my opinion. I really like this it looks pretty cool. I'll probably take it into google docs and do some tweaking to my satisfaction along with some proofreading. Demonic Presence and such gifts still need stats from what I can tell.

I'd be interested in playing as a Sorcerous Demonic Artifact, thinking a Faceted Prosthetic Eye carved from a whole ruby with each facet inscribed with evil sigils.

It says on the 3rd page of this that when you reach a corruption threshold you roll on a table for a mutation, but the pdf you posted does not contain a table. Which table are we supposed to use?