What is the point with NPC on the gameboard

By 1815Baersson, in Android

We realized after our first Android game night, that we probably do something wrong ith NPC's.

NPC's are distributed to the corresponding ditectives during the setup phase and placed beside the detective sheet. Detectives gain NPC favor during the game.

Question: What is the point of event by moving/placing NPC on the gameboard?

1815Baersson said:

We realized after our first Android game night, that we probably do something wrong ith NPC's.

NPC's are distributed to the corresponding ditectives during the setup phase and placed beside the detective sheet. Detectives gain NPC favor during the game.

Question: What is the point of event by moving/placing NPC on the gameboard?

Are you talking about the character-specific NPCs, like Kate, Parsons, et al? The NPCs should only go on the game board when indicated by event cards, as they are usually used in conjunction with those events.

If you're talking about the suspects, you put them on the board as another way to get evidence in the game.

I mean the character pecifuc NPC. So far we havent seen any impact on the me if they are on the board.

The only thing is that they serve as marker for the events.

1815Baersson said:

The only thing is that they serve as marker for the events.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. They also indicate whether a given NPC has been eliminated, which can serve as a reminder; suppose you draw a Tanaka event and you go to put him on the board, and Louis is all "oh that's right, I killed him last week, my bad."

But yeah, minor bookkeeping aside, they're not exactly essential.

NPC grat favour in the game. it is important part of the story in Android right?

Its not like its a marker on the game board only

skolo said:

NPC grat favour in the game. it is important part of the story in Android right?

Its not like its a marker on the game board only

But, but the OP was specifically asking about placing the NPC marker, not just NPCs in general.

The NPC markers a on the board play a very important roleā€¦.

First off you will have a requirement (via Light or Dark card) to place an NPC marker in a location and usualy your investigator will be required to travel to that location to fullfill and objective to aquire a FAVOR from that NPC.

This is the only way to aquire Favors from NPC's you know.

Favor tokens are uber important because they can full fill more than one color. Great care must be taken to protect your NPC's from elimination as a loss of an NPC will also cause you to discard any unused favors for that NPC as well setting you back.