Re-heally basic question is should probably know by now :P

By richsabre, in Rules questions & answers

ok EVENTS-- when do you technically play them?

ive been doing the same as allys attatchements ie pay for in planning or not at all, but now i check i see nowhere that says you cant pay for them at any action window......

You can play events in any action window, inside the planning phase, or otherwise.

radiskull said:

You can play events in any action window, inside the planning phase, or otherwise.

UNLESS the event has "response" on it like Test o Will. In witch case you can cast it as soon as the condition for the response triggers.

7775589.png

thanks....looks like ive been making it more complicated for myself

richsabre said:

thanks....looks like ive been making it more complicated for myself

How did you play cards like "Feint" if you played them like attachments?

i payed for them upfront- and kept them in the same area as my heros and allies, so that if/when i needed an event- if i hadnt already payed for them i couldnt use them- even if they were in my hand

since the start ive always assumed all cards were bought in the planning phase or not at all

i really hope that what i have previously been doing has been making things harder for me- not easier, or else im gonna have to go through all the quests first time again

Yeah, event cards are never kept in play. You play them at the moment you need them, then they're discarded. You can't play them "in case you need them later".

you have been unduly punishing yourself....the way you have been playing is definitely much harder with the exception that it would protect you if you get treachery cards that say to discard event cards from your hand.

RGun said:

you have been unduly punishing yourself....the way you have been playing is definitely much harder with the exception that it would protect you if you get treachery cards that say to discard event cards from your hand.

Little-known fact: rich is actually Glaurung's alter ego. Tired of complaining about how easy the game is, he decided to purposely handicap himself in pursuit of a greater challenge gui%C3%B1o.gif

starhawk77 said:

RGun said:

Little-known fact: rich is actually Glaurung's alter ego. Tired of complaining about how easy the game is, he decided to purposely handicap himself in pursuit of a greater challenge gui%C3%B1o.gif

hahha yep thats me lengua.gif

i have not a clue why ive been playing i that way though, im just pleased i was making things harder.....gggrrrr... it makes you wonder how many other thing im playing wrong......(/runs off to read rule book)