Omen house rule

By McRae, in Gears of War: The Board Game

Just curious if anybody else does this, the group I play with house-ruled that on attacks where multiple omens do nothing (e.g., bolo grenade, hammerburst) the extra omens can be rerolled one time. So if you overkill with the hammerburst and get 1 hit and 2 omens, that would be 3 total hits plus one reroll. Does anybody else have a house rule for this? We hate feeling so lame rolling all omens, especially on the shotgun.

This is your game and you can play it whatever the way so long as you can enjoy it.

However, game balance might be broken if any rules are changed.

do you keep that rule for the locust also the drone's heal immediately comes to mind without the game in front of me.

mmmm Have I played this wrong - if an omen causes a wound - do not multiple omens = multiple wounds - or wound bonus's?

Thanks

Depends on the weapon. Lancer and Snub Pistol deal 1 wound per Omen, but Hammerburst (2 wounds on an omen if target is 1 area or more away) says limit once per attack.

Yep could not remember the Hammerburst omen ability - can now see the point re original question re rolling all omens on that type of weapon.

Yes, only on the abilities that have a "once per attack" limit. So the first omen triggers the special ability, the remaining omens can be re-rolled one time.

I find in my games, so far, the rules for omens balance out fairly evenly. Although it is frustrating to roll 3 omens with a hammerburst, people in my group have also been saved by a full health drone rolling multiple omens as well. I will have to try out your omen rule to see how well it works, I can see it making for less useless attacks on both sides.

loken14 said:

do you keep that rule for the locust also the drone's heal immediately comes to mind without the game in front of me.

My Omen house rule is for when Locust roll an Omen but have no use for it (like an unwounded Drone) - I use their weapon's triggered ability.

Yep, I like a challenge :)