Question about Rune of the Earth Mother

By gondu, in Runebound

Hi!

Maybe someone can help me with this: The text on "Rune of the Earth Mother" says "For the first X rounds of combat, your Hero and Allies ignore the first 2 wounds being inflicted on them each round."

My question is: How do I handle this? Do both my Hero and each Ally who take action in these rounds of combat ignore 2 wounds inflicted on them each round (which could add up to 6 wounds being ignored, 2 for my hero and 4 for both Allies attacking, which would be extremely powerful). I guess it is meant to be 2 wounds taken as a whole during one combat round, no matter on whom they are inflicted or how they split between Hero and Allies (Maybe both wounds are being inflicted on 2 Allies in Ranged and Melee Phases, and they are ignored , so my Hero would have to take the full numer of wounds if he fails in Magic Combat. Is that right ?)

I hope someone can help!

Thanks!

gondu said:

Maybe someone can help me with this: The text on "Rune of the Earth Mother" says "For the first X rounds of combat, your Hero and Allies ignore the first 2 wounds being inflicted on them each round."

My question is: How do I handle this? Do both my Hero and each Ally who take action in these rounds of combat ignore 2 wounds inflicted on them each round (which could add up to 6 wounds being ignored, 2 for my hero and 4 for both Allies attacking, which would be extremely powerful). I guess it is meant to be 2 wounds taken as a whole during one combat round, no matter on whom they are inflicted or how they split between Hero and Allies (Maybe both wounds are being inflicted on 2 Allies in Ranged and Melee Phases, and they are ignored , so my Hero would have to take the full numer of wounds if he fails in Magic Combat. Is that right ?)

This is a Rune included in Walkers of The Wild Expansion. The text should be read for the Rune preventing 2 wounds per round inflicted to both Hero and each one of his/her Allies.

You're facing Margath: your Ally no.1 attacks in Ranged, fails the roll, takes 2 Wounds instead of 4; your Hero attacks in Melee, fails, takes 3 Wounds instead of 5; your Ally no.2 attacks in Magic, fails and takes 3 Wounds instead of 5.

If you apply the Rune of the Earth Mother to Yellow Challenges it might seem way overpowered, but it is meant for Blue and Red Challenges, where it might give you a chance of survival especially if you have Allies (which are usually good to soak a single hit, not more). The Ghost Armor from the base game is still more powerful than this, even though this doesn't require a skill check for activating.