Why no PC app?

By Anonymous7, in Elder Sign

I'd understand why there isn't one if there also wasn't one for Mac, but since there is, why no PC one?

I think it's because the iphone, ipod touch, ipad and Mac use very similar programs. Programming for 1 is like programming for them all. Programming for PCs may be too expensive. That's a question for FFG.

Because it's not 1997 any more.

MyNeighbourTrololo said:

Thank you! Downloading right now :-) Anyway, you should put this in your signature, so everybody could reach it! Cant' wait to try :-)

Don't get your hopes up. It's my first actual flash work. And I don't own an Elder Sign game, so figure.

MyNeighbourTrololo said:

Don't get your hopes up. It's my first actual flash work. And I don't own an Elder Sign game, so figure.

It's not that bad for a first attempt! It seems like there are a couple of points it could be improved. Sometimes it get stucked (card: The Archives. I rolled both a Lore and a Peril results, but there is no way I can enter the results on the task), some others the "red die" wildcard result seems not to work.

But yeah, if you don't have the boardgame, is even more impressive :-)

I wish I could reproduce those bugs you listed, as they happen so rare when I'm playing - I don't even know in which part of code to look.

MyNeighbourTrololo said:

I wish I could reproduce those bugs you listed, as they happen so rare when I'm playing - I don't even know in which part of code to look.

Ok, don't worry! Sorry for the very interested question... Do you think you'll expand the app?

You mean - monsters, AOs and stuff?

Technically it's not that difficult to do, but with my level of skill and knowledge...

While I was designing this app I found a better way of handling things in middle of work, so I was rewriting like a half of all existing to the moment code.

I might try to do something, If I'll find an apropriate way.

MyNeighbourTrololo said:

You mean - monsters, AOs and stuff?

Technically it's not that difficult to do, but with my level of skill and knowledge...

While I was designing this app I found a better way of handling things in middle of work, so I was rewriting like a half of all existing to the moment code.

I might try to do something, If I'll find an apropriate way.

Yeah, more or less I meant that :-) Could be interesting. It would be interesting as well even having an official FFG app for PC: from what I've read, Omens seems to be by far more difficult and challenging that ES

Yea, official PC app would be much, MUCH better.