Where are the decks?

By 1815Baersson, in Strategy and deck-building

I actually havent found much decks copied here in that forum for discussion.

Where are the decks posted?

1815Baersson said:

In the few months I've been frequenting these forums, I've rarely seen decks posted. cardgamedb.com, a website dedicated to FFG LCGs, has a good system for posting decks, so you might want to check that out.

the forum has recently got its own place for such things EDIT just released you posted it here, but as Budgernaut says there are better places to look-

this forum doesnt support deck lists unlike db.com which has full card lists and pictures to go with, though rumour is that FFG are creating an add on to help with this

Budgernaut said:

1815Baersson said:

In the few months I've been frequenting these forums, I've rarely seen decks posted. cardgamedb.com, a website dedicated to FFG LCGs, has a good system for posting decks, so you might want to check that out.

Budgernaut said:

1815Baersson said:

Thanks!

I had the same impression and I think it is sad. I also posted some of my decks at gamecardsdb, but unfortunately that site seems not to be frequently used / commented.

this is the best place for talk, and i hope it stays as populated as it is (ive put a hell of a lot of time into it), however i think the slowness of the forum wouldnt work with deck building software added on

CardGameDb is the place... we should all just start adding it to our list and slowly move chats over there... kinda sucks having to sites to check for posts but cardgamedb is a far superior site. It isn't really much hassle to add it to the check list and try to get some action on it... people still post new decks there all the time

The most active place is BGG. That has the most posts by far and some very strong players posting some great decks. Though they split the fourms into every single adventure pack so the site takes a long time to check for new posts as there is already like 12 forms or something.. and each forum is in 8 sections...

It is also the place to go for variants and other fan creatyed content

yeah but as a plus to this, its the first to get the news- not that it takes long to travel, but everyone still checks this first i guess, and i dont know- i guess i sort of like the crowd better here; i have friends here- i have been part of bgg, just couldnt get away with the interface,

i think the main point is, i have buit up a reputation here (for better or worse) and i dont think anywhere else would be as welcoming to my ramblings, so i for one will remain here till it dies (which with the speed of it it may yet)

though for a new player, its all open

Its cool, lots of people use forums as a kind of surrogate blog that has a trapped and guaranteed audience. You see it all the time in IPs that are really popular. You see it all the time on boards, this is why BGG have installed a BLOG system were a user can set up a blog on the site and link it to the game so posts get mirored to all his flaged games. So like you could post your LOTR stuff and it would mirror to every LOTR game on BGG.

I have accounts on all the forums and pretty active in them all. BGG is defiantly the one to go to if you want intense and unbiased discussion of decks and strategy. It has the largest active posters, also the BGG community is old and most are very experienced gamers so a lot of creative incite. Liek the 2 Hero Dunhere deck came form there after Hills and is a deck just getting stronger every pack.. Many are also kind of "addicted" to playing non computer games so they are often playing a lot more then LoTR at the one time so the fanatical fan boy crap is missing, so there is a great understanding of how rules work and how the SHOULD world.

Still as you say the UI os a bit off and think cardgameDB could be a real winner if people started to use it more. It is a lot smaller for now but the site owner is really connected with the community.. like if you did a petition to get more section, then it would be answered on day one.

damn right

Sorry to ask, but where are the deck discussions on BGG?

I really dont find them ..... :-(

1815Baersson said:

That is the point, the BGG forums are so large and spread out it is hard to find stuff unless you are a regular visitor and using the advanced subscrition system. If you see a cool thread on BGG sub it.. or it will be lost!

This is why CardGameDB is so good... it has a deck section, JUST for decks.. though the discussion is small for the moment, but it is slowly ramping up... so it is only near almost nothing... :) Still new decks are posted pretty often.

7775589.png

booored said:

1815Baersson said:

That is the point, the BGG forums are so large and spread out it is hard to find stuff unless you are a regular visitor and using the advanced subscrition system. If you see a cool thread on BGG sub it.. or it will be lost!

This is why CardGameDB is so good... it has a deck section, JUST for decks.. though the discussion is small for the moment, but it is slowly ramping up... so it is only near almost nothing... :) Still new decks are posted pretty often.

7775589.png

Right you are. Hopefully we will see more discussions comming up at cardgamedg.