Doran Martell vs Special Orders FAQ reasoning?

By bsheehan34, in A Game of Thrones: The Board Game

When you drop a player to the bottom of the kings court do they lose all special orders played that turn? FFG says no but it makes sense to me that the answer would be yes as you no longer have the ability to play special orders. Another situation that comes to mind is going up against a tyrell player using a march +1 with ser loras. You drop him to the bottom of kings court; is he allowed to use that special march order for the second march that comes with winning a battle with ser loras. Im just curious to the reasoning behind FFG's answer and to any other opinions that people have about this situation.

bsheehan34 said:

When you drop a player to the bottom of the kings court do they lose all special orders played that turn? FFG says no but it makes sense to me that the answer would be yes as you no longer have the ability to play special orders. Another situation that comes to mind is going up against a tyrell player using a march +1 with ser loras. You drop him to the bottom of kings court; is he allowed to use that special march order for the second march that comes with winning a battle with ser loras. Im just curious to the reasoning behind FFG's answer and to any other opinions that people have about this situation.

My guess would be that the reasoning FFG is using goes like this:

The special orders have ALREADY BEEN PLAYED (the messenger ravens have already been sent). You can't UNPLAY them (unsend the ravens). Therefore, the change doesn't take effect until the next time the orders are being played.

This is in keeping with other FFG games, especially AGOT the Card Game, where losing a challenge icon only prevents you from declaring a challenge, not from participating in a challenge you are already in.