Repurposed Minis

By Artemus Maximus, in Tannhauser

Found the 'Sentinels' from Confrontation on sale $5 for a unit of 6...so i couldn't pass up using them instead of the Revenants in the Daedalus scenario and another with them i'm working on.

While their pre-painted colors are nice (different), i wanted to make them 'fit' more in the labyrinth. I painted up one real quickly of what i was thinking (based on Asteros' colors), but feels "meh"to me... Any suggestions?

pic1254676_md.jpg

rear: prepaint, front: re-paint.

no suggestions, looks perfect! very kickass.

Quality-wise, your paint job is excellent. In terms of your theme question, one idea would be to weather the armor or to use duller / faded colors to give it an aged look. Another possibility to better fit the idea of "constructs" would be to use a more monotone palette. Simple metal might work for mechanical constructs. I'm also a fan of stone for constructs. I actually want to do a Terra Cotta army for my Chinese faction... though the lack of good figures has been a problem! Anyway, if you look at the montage from my site:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EREoA9aYvms/TyZGOqWPnXI/AAAAAAAAANo/oGZjUlODhmc/s1600/Montage.jpg

You can see my attempt at a stone warrior in the lower left picture. He represents a general / hero for my Terra Cotta army.