Finally beat this quest 4 player style

By Sprenger, in The Lord of the Rings - Print on Demand

It was epic. Last night after working on my decks for 2 weeks to really focus in on this quest my group finally defeated the Witch King. We ended up only losing 1 of our 10 heroes because Quest 3B. However it didn't stop us from dropping the Witch King and defeating the quest in 9 rounds.

At the end of the game the threat for each player was:

Lore: 43

Leadership: 44

Spirit: 47

Tactics: 48

We drop the witch king in 1 round which was pretty awesome. I just have to say that Boromir is the man. He was the key to beating this quest and not for him it was have been so much more difficult.

I'll never forget finally beating this quest... This is what this game is about. I hope they release more of this level of difficulty. Gives players a reason to really keep at it!

Boromir helped us as well in a 3player game. Turn 1 he tanked 2 wolfs and the killed himself which ended in 5 scout deaths. Once the board was cleared up, it was only a matter of time for us to win. A key Hail of Stones took out the Witchking on the 2nd to last turn. We still had a gigantic score. Something like 254 points for 3 players.

Hi there .. my group beats Massing at Osgiliath with 4 players .. i wrote a session report (first only in german). Here you can have a look: http://forum.hds-fantasy.de/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=17543

Perhaps i will translate it into english and post it here or on BGG.