Hinansho Board Error

By zefert1, in Tannhauser

While taking pictures for this thread. I noticed that on the flip side of the jungle board, the Japanese facility looking map, their appears to be an error.

As you can see in this photo: http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o130/zefert1/IMAG0086.jpg

The light blue path seems to jump a cirlce, If you look at the circle above the locked door token, you will see what I mean. It's only yellow and pink, while the one above it is the same light blue as the path below the door token. Also, this light blue circle does not belong to any other path, so it's not like they used to colors side by side.

That being said, one of two things can be done. People can play as though the light blue path never makes it into the other room, or they can say that they circle above the door token is part of the light blue path for gaming purposes. My gaming group decided on the latter.

I guess I was just wondering if anyone had any explanation, or if they knew the right way to treat this situation.

Maybe it's no mistake at all. The colors just show that a character standing on the blue/yellow circle in the room can see and be seen by any character on a blue circle outside the room. Given the position of the blue/yellow circle behind the door, it could just make some sense.

I see what your saying, but I'll have to look at the board closer.

IMAG0086.jpg

dont have the board handy, but based on the part of the map shown, it makes sense to me and is actually a perfect example of how the pathfinding system is awesome imo (if there are no other light blue circles outside of the image shown)

4 circles in question:

A. Top yellow/blue circle

B. pink/yellow circle

C. door yellow/blue circle

D. dark blue/light blue/dark green circle

A & C each can see the other 3 circles - line of sight is not visually obstructed (unless door is there of course)

B & D can see A & C but not each other, because the edge of the wall (that is covered up by the door token ;) obstructs vision.

either that is the intention, or they messed up ;) i'll just play based on how it's printed - it's less to remember that way and there's already plenty of stuff to keep track of ;)

Artemus Maximus said:

i'll just play based on how it's printed - it's less to remember that way and there's already plenty of stuff to keep track of ;)

You're right, even IF they messed it up, that will be the only way to go. And as I said, I don't think it's a mistake.

Artemus Maximus said:

dont have the board handy, but based on the part of the map shown, it makes sense to me and is actually a perfect example of how the pathfinding system is awesome imo (if there are no other light blue circles outside of the image shown)

4 circles in question:

A. Top yellow/blue circle

B. pink/yellow circle

C. door yellow/blue circle

D. dark blue/light blue/dark green circle

A & C each can see the other 3 circles - line of sight is not visually obstructed (unless door is there of course)

B & D can see A & C but not each other, because the edge of the wall (that is covered up by the door token ;) obstructs vision.

either that is the intention, or they messed up ;) i'll just play based on how it's printed - it's less to remember that way and there's already plenty of stuff to keep track of ;)

I would agree, but I was under the impression that it would break the "Path," since the circles would no longer be in a row. Like I said, I do see what you're saying, and it does seem like one logical way to play.