Blue thunder --- question from the old core set to the revision

By Zjb12, in Dust Tactics General Discussion

Hey! Got the original core set on a steal today. Since it is all I have right now, and I have already printed out the revised instructions and point values, did they also revise the point values within the scenarios from the blue thunder booklet? If so, could someone tell them to me? Thanks!

Oh, also---the allied tanks, the heads were suppose to be loose from the body right? I thought it was interesting gthe arms and weapons snap in but the head has to be glued---or am I wrong? (I have not glued it yet.)

Yes, the allied heads are separate from the tank body, but I wouldn't glue them if I were you. It's great fun to be able to pivot them during a match to aim at your targets. I'd recommend using magnets to keep the heads attached, but still rotational.

Loophole Master said:

Yes, the allied heads are separate from the tank body, but I wouldn't glue them if I were you. It's great fun to be able to pivot them during a match to aim at your targets. I'd recommend using magnets to keep the heads attached, but still rotational.

Sounds good, thanks for the idea. Any thoughts on the blue thunder question?

Generally you just multiply the old point system value by 10, so 16AP becomes 160AP. But they released a revised & expanded Blue Thunder mission book with the Tile Pack which had some more differences. The Counterattack scenario, for example got flipped to favour the attacker instead of the defender. If I remember correctly, attacker gets 250AP and defender starts with 100AP. Starting in the 4th round defender gets 30AP of reinforcements per round. Any AP that don't get used one round, carries over to the next.

Also you can download the free PDF of Operation: SeeLowe (just Google it) & the AP values for Blue Thunder are on page 14.

Happy Hunting!

Thanks guys!