Kavan Munitions

By Angel of Death, in Dark Heresy House Rules

Kavan Munitions
Maker of weapons that make you go huh.

Kavan Munitions “Deathstalker” Pistol

knife%252520gun.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-38PRcgTiwTc/TdEslVzwnWI/AAAAAAAAABQ/i6sESX5UPMQ/s1600/knife%252520gun.jpg

The Deathstalker is an odd mix of the a revolver and a monoedge fighting blade. The gun not the most accurate, given no sights and no way to mount any. And when used as a fighting blade, the gun part unbalance it. Still it finds it way into the hands of people, including some naval hands. As a result of the naval service it was designed to also use the fragmenting ammo at the cost 40 throne per 20 rounds and it is Rare, when loaded with this ammo gains Primative and Tearing traits.

Class: Pistol (Solid Projectile)
Range: 25m
ROF: S/--/--
Damage:1d10+2 I
Penetration: --
Clip: 6
Rld: Full
Special: Inaccurate
Weight: 3.75 kg
Price: 120
Availability: Rare
as a Fighting Blade
Class: Melee
Damage:1d5+1 R
Penetration: 2
Special: Mono, Unbalanced.

Kavan Munitions “Kracker” Shotgun Pistol

5-6.jpg
http://www.hagelgeweren-verzameling.nl/album/images/5-6.jpg

Kracker is one of the scariest weapons ever put into a pistol form. It fires standard shotgun shells out of it short barrel and 8 shot revolving cylinder. If the shot from one of these doesn’t knockdown your target, the noise and muzzle flash still may drive them for cover. Yet this weapon’s ferocious recoil, and poorly weight unblanced design, means that you need a strength bonus of 4+ to fire one handed. Now there is the Kracker 2, that adds a forward pistol grip who stats are in quotes where they change.

Range: 15m (8m)
Damage:1d10+3 I
Clip: 8
Special: Inaccurate, Scatter (Scatter)
Weight: 3.75 kg (4.25kg)
Price: 70 (100)

Kavan Munitions “Pocket Puncher” Pistol

ruger+50+bmg.jpeg
Class: Pistol (SP) http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/50bmg.jpg/sr=1
The Pocket Puncher is a 3 shot snub nose revolver. If you thought the Kracker was bad the shot from one of these doesn’t knockdown your target, the noise and muzzle flash will drive them for cover. This is the handcannon for you if your planning on punching heavy armor, as it fires a Heavy Stubber round. Give the weapon’s ferocious recoil, it means that you need a strength bonus of 5+ to fire one handed, otherwise has a -10 to BS to hit. .If you attempt to fire rounds faster then every other round take an additional -20 to BD to hit.

Range: 20m
Penetration: 3
Clip: 3
Rld: 2 Full
Price: 200
Availability: Very Rare

Edited by Angel of Death

Kavan Munitions “Thunderrose” Heavy Pistol

8728584725_01c2904a47_z.jpg [ GAL-KK_8.jpg

Class: Pistol (SP) http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7313/8728584725_01c2904a47_z.jpg
http://cdn.lightsnholsters.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/135x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/G/A/GAL-KK_8.jpg
The Thunderrose is an odd mix of the a heavy revolver and a undermounted special GL. It was designed to serve as a weapon on the Battlecruiser Razor Galactica for Rogue Trader Glenn Moore for his armsmen by Kavan Munitions. Still it finds it way into the hands of other people. As a result of the naval service it was designed to also use the fragmenting ammo at the cost 40 throne per 20 rounds and it is Rare, when loaded with this ammo gains Primative and Tearing traits.. If need be this weapon can be used as club in melee if you have too (d10-2+SB). It comes with a Built in Red Dot Sight and a holster.
Class: Pistol (Solid Projectile) Pistol (GL)
Range: 35m Range: 25m
ROF: S/--/-- ROF: S/--/--
Damage:1d10+4 I Damage: determined by the grenade fired
Penetration: 2 Penetration: determined by the grenade fired
Clip: 6 Clip: 1
Rld: Full Rld: Full
Special: --- Special: determined by the grenade fired
Weight: 4 kg
Price: 500
GL Rounds Dam Pen Special WT Cost All are Very Rare
Frag 3d5 X --- Blast (3) .1kg 25
AP 3d5 X 6 Blast (1) .1kg 50
Flechette 1d10+5 I 2 Scatter .1kg 25
Flare d5 --- --- .1kg 20

Edited by Angel of Death

Kavan Munitions “Typhoon” Submachine Gun
Beretta_Hurricane.jpg
Class: Basic (SP) http://cyberpunk.asia/images/Beretta_Hurricane.jpg
The Typhoon is firing a Hand Cannon round, design with a high rate of fire in mind. With it’s ammo the weapon has a horrible reputation for massive recoil, yet brutal to be on the receiving end of it’s storm of bullets. Due to the massive recoil, as it is firing hand cannon round, unless the firer has a Strength Bonus of 4 or more, the Typhoon suffers the Inaccurate trait at Semi-Auto, for Full Auto need a Strength Bonus of 5 or more. While this weapon can be fired one handed, add +2 to Strength Bonus needed or take an additional -10 BS from the recoil. The major downside to this weapon is the short range of the this weapon, but that can be countered by the massive damage it can do to your enemies.
Class: Basic (Solid Projectile)
Range: 30m [when stock is folded] 45 [stock extended]
ROF: S/5/10
Damage:1d10+5 I
Clip: 30
Special: Fiendish Recoil (-20 BS Full Auto)
Weight: 3.5 kg
Price: 150

Why does a pistol shooting the munitions from another gun (heavy stubber, or hand canon) doesn't get the stats going with it?

Otherwise, that's fun stuff!

Why does a pistol shooting the munitions from another gun (heavy stubber, or hand canon) doesn't get the stats going with it?

Otherwise, that's fun stuff!

Are you talking about the Pocket Puncher? Or what exactly?

And half the charm of these is the Fluff

Edited by Angel of Death

Yep, that's the one.

Yep, that's the one.

Ahh The Pocket Puncher, basicly firing .50 HMG rounds with a snub nose barrel..

the reason, the range is so low is there is no barrel to speak of on this gun. So when you fire it the thunder and the flash and if you are lucky the slug that makes your target hit the ground . And I dropped a point of dam for making it "compact" [ :rolleyes: sure it is compact" even if it's the size of a full size hand cannon ]. Of course loaded with manstoppers you are looking at Pen 6, so if you need punch armour, it your gun.

Is it the gun that a professional will carry?? I would not expect many, but someone who wants to make a statement or stand out, oh yes .

Well, if the gun is compact, then the ammo follows, so it ain't .50 cal. anymore, in my opinion.

Otherwise, fun stuff, as I said.

Well, if the gun is compact, then the ammo follows, so it ain't .50 cal. anymore, in my opinion.

Otherwise, fun stuff, as I said.

Can be same calibre, longer or shorter cartridge cf .38 special vs .357 Magnum, .380 ACP, 9mm Parabellum, all use same size of projectile, varying cartridge sizes and charges

On 19.08.2015 at 0:21 PM, Angel of Death said:

Flare d5 --- --- .1kg 20

Pistol part: much like Stormchild, except it does not look too long, so is 35m adequate increment? Also, revolvers usually have reload 2 Full.

Grenades: here 3d* anything is dubious, in that number of dice increases probability of a critical hit.

Let's look at stats for comparable items in RT.

Upgrade "Micro" (Hostile Acquisitions): 1/4 weight and range, -2 Damage, Basic weapons become Pistols, ammunition is 2 steps less available. Applied to Auxiliary GL it gives{Pistol, Range 11m (or round up to 12 to have an even number), S/-/-, Clip 1, Rld Full, +0.625kg}. It's not intended for launchers or Heavy, so RAW only -2 Damage and no mention of Blast. However, there are Meritech [hand] microgrenades (Hostile Acquisitions): frag is {Dam 2d10 X Pen 0 Blast (2)} and krak is {Dam 2d10+2 X Pen 5}, which is close enough.

Flares: Signalling Device (OW - Hammer of the Emperor) has {1d10+1 E, Pen 0, Flame (it's separated from Spread in OW), Inaccurate}

Flechettes: there are no standard grenades like this, but flechette shells for shotgun give range +10% and Pen 2, i.e. generic shotgun becomes {1d10+4 I, Pen 2, Scatter}. You are making it hit harder than from a full sized shotgun. Also, maybe as unguided submunitions they should have Inaccurate}. Or just ditch it, but add other variant shotgun shells that don't rely on punch for effect (acid, web, shockers), since it's closer in size.

16 hours ago, TBeholder said:

Pistol part: much like Stormchild, except it does not look too long, so is 35m adequate increment? Also, revolvers usually have reload 2 Full.

Grenades: here 3d* anything is dubious, in that number of dice increases probability of a critical hit.

Let's look at stats for comparable items in RT.

Upgrade "Micro" (Hostile Acquisitions): 1/4 weight and range, -2 Damage, Basic weapons become Pistols, ammunition is 2 steps less available. Applied to Auxiliary GL it gives{Pistol, Range 11m (or round up to 12 to have an even number), S/-/-, Clip 1, Rld Full, +0.625kg}. It's not intended for launchers or Heavy, so RAW only -2 Damage and no mention of Blast. However, there are Meritech [hand] microgrenades (Hostile Acquisitions): frag is {Dam 2d10 X Pen 0 Blast (2)} and krak is {Dam 2d10+2 X Pen 5}, which is close enough.

Flares: Signalling Device (OW - Hammer of the Emperor) has {1d10+1 E, Pen 0, Flame (it's separated from Spread in OW), Inaccurate}

Flechettes: there are no standard grenades like this, but flechette shells for shotgun give range +10% and Pen 2, i.e. generic shotgun becomes {1d10+4 I, Pen 2, Scatter}. You are making it hit harder than from a full sized shotgun. Also, maybe as unguided submunitions they should have Inaccurate}. Or just ditch it, but add other variant shotgun shells that don't rely on punch for effect (acid, web, shockers), since it's closer in size.

Consider that should be in .454mag Revolver with an undermounted 25mm GL, the range of 35m is correct, and yes Most revolvers have load time of 2, but this weapon is quicker to reload, ie uses Speedloaders not hand reloading.

I will be honest, when this was put together for our campaign, it served mostly as a NPC weapon. It was designed to like the Puritan-14 but for naval use mostly. So at times it been a 25mm Shotgun and other 25mm GL.

It was wanted that the Frag and AP to be less effective the 2d10, so 3d5 was selected but you could go to d10+5 just as easy

the flare round was really not designed for "combat" it just for throwing light

and yes I took the Flechette from a RT book I beleive, and they hit a bit harder because the load is size is bigger, but don't gain the range bonus. As for making them Inaccurate, unless you want to change all non Smart rounds to this, I'm not seeing it. Flechette normally travel a predictable flight path.

As you point out you could have a # of other loads, just the ship this was designed for wanted their armsmen to have these loads available

Thank you for your interest

This is awesome stuff. Really nice flavour text to go with the weapons.

Love it - especially the name "pocket puncher." I would get the gun just for that.

On 13.02.2017 at 8:13 AM, Angel of Death said:

the flare round was really not designed for "combat" it just for throwing light

and yes I took the Flechette from a RT book I beleive, and they hit a bit harder because the load is size is bigger, but don't gain the range bonus. As for making them Inaccurate, unless you want to change all non Smart rounds to this, I'm not seeing it. Flechette normally travel a predictable flight path.

That was a proper flare, not converted ("Spitfire").

Sorry, didn't state it clearly. I mean, you didn't define details, but either

1. Flechettes are shot like from a shotgun - in which case they behave the same way, but being launched from a tiny grenade mortar, can't be equally or more energetic than those from a proper sized shotgun, thus they should have lower range and damage. OR
  2. Flechettes are submunition from an airburst grenade - in which case they may well hit harder than a plain frag grenade (at least, point blank), but compared to those shot from a braced longbarrel weapon, they are launched "in this general direction", thus should have lower effective range and Inaccurate. And maybe somewhat reduce cover value on a good roll, but it's still not Indirect (or OICW).
On 2/23/2017 at 4:42 PM, TBeholder said:

That was a proper flare, not converted ("Spitfire").

Sorry, didn't state it clearly. I mean, you didn't define details, but either

1. Flechettes are shot like from a shotgun - in which case they behave the same way, but being launched from a tiny grenade mortar, can't be equally or more energetic than those from a proper sized shotgun, thus they should have lower range and damage. OR
  2. Flechettes are submunition from an airburst grenade - in which case they may well hit harder than a plain frag grenade (at least, point blank), but compared to those shot from a braced longbarrel weapon, they are launched "in this general direction", thus should have lower effective range and Inaccurate. And maybe somewhat reduce cover value on a good roll, but it's still not Indirect (or OICW).

Sorry I know this is old somehow I never saw this... ? if @Pearldrum1 had not reacted to this page I might have never seen it,

On the Kavan Munitions “Thunderrose” Heavy Pistol, the Flechettes load from the 25mm GL/shotgun is bigger then the standard 12 gauge shotgun shell (18.5mm) which is why they hit slightly harder, but coming out of the short barrel, we decided that they don't gain the range bonus.

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2012 at 1:36 PM, Angel of Death said:

Kavan Munitions
Maker of weapons that make you go huh.

Kavan Munitions “Deathstalker” Pistol

knife%252520gun.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-38PRcgTiwTc/TdEslVzwnWI/AAAAAAAAABQ/i6sESX5UPMQ/s1600/knife%252520gun.jpg

The Deathstalker is an odd mix of the a revolver and a monoedge fighting blade. The gun not the most accurate, given no sights and no way to mount any. And when used as a fighting blade, the gun part unbalance it. Still it finds it way into the hands of people, including some naval hands. As a result of the naval service it was designed to also use the fragmenting ammo at the cost 40 throne per 20 rounds and it is Rare, when loaded with this ammo gains Primative and Tearing traits.

Range: 25m
Damage:1d10+2 I
Clip: 6
Price: 120
as a Fighting Blade
Class: Melee
Damage:1d5+1 R
Special: Mono, Unbalanced.

I get the short range, inaccurate and heavy weight, but as a single shot SP weapon, 1D10+2 damage seems weak - after all, it's basically a stub revolver, isn't it?

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2012 at 1:36 PM, Angel of Death said:

Kavan Munitions “Kracker” Shotgun Pistol

5-6.jpg
http://www.hagelgeweren-verzameling.nl/album/images/5-6.jpg

Kracker is one of the scariest weapons ever put into a pistol form. It fires standard shotgun shells out of it short barrel and 8 shot revolving cylinder. If the shot from one of these doesn’t knockdown your target, the noise and muzzle flash still may drive them for cover. Yet this weapon’s ferocious recoil, and poorly weight unblanced design, means that you need a strength bonus of 4+ to fire one handed. Now there is the Kracker 2, that adds a forward pistol grip who stats are in quotes where they change.

Range: 15m (8m)
Clip: 8
Special: Inaccurate, Scatter (Scatter)
Weight: 3.75 kg (4.25kg)
Price: 70 (100)

Again, range reduction makes sense, damage reduction less so. It's functionally speaking a sawn-off sawn-off. All shotgun weapons we've seen are 1D10+4 damage.

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2015 at 10:15 AM, Angel of Death said:

Kavan Munitions “Pocket Puncher” Pistol

ruger+50+bmg.jpeg
Class: Pistol (SP) http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/50bmg.jpg/sr=1
The Pocket Puncher is a 3 shot snub nose revolver. If you thought the Kracker was bad the shot from one of these doesn’t knockdown your target, the noise and muzzle flash will drive them for cover. This is the handcannon for you if your planning on punching heavy armor, as it fires a Heavy Stubber round. Give the weapon’s ferocious recoil, it means that you need a strength bonus of 5+ to fire one handed, otherwise has a -10 to BS to hit. .If you attempt to fire rounds faster then every other round take an additional -20 to BD to hit.

Range: 20m
Penetration: 3
Clip: 3
Rld: 2 Full
Price: 200

The Handcannon-esque penalty to hit makes sense. 'Every Other Round' less so - a round is more than enough time to re-aim the weapon, even if the recoil knocks it off line.

If it's firing a heavy stubber round, again the damage is really low. A short-barrelled heavy stubber round is more likely to keep the damage than the pen value (because you're still lobbing a huge lump of metal for lots of organic damage, but with a short barrel you don't get the same muzzle velocity). A super-compact handcannon makes sense, but it should really have the damage level for it.

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2015 at 10:21 AM, Angel of Death said:

The Thunderrose is an odd mix of the a heavy revolver and a undermounted special GL. It was designed to serve as a weapon on the Battlecruiser Razor Galactica for Rogue Trader Glenn Moore for his armsmen by Kavan Munitions. Still it finds it way into the hands of other people. As a result of the naval service it was designed to also use the fragmenting ammo at the cost 40 throne per 20 rounds and it is Rare, when loaded with this ammo gains Primative and Tearing traits.. If need be this weapon can be used as club in melee if you have too (d10-2+SB). It comes with a Built in Red Dot Sight and a holster.
Flare d5 --- --- .1kg 20

The gun is fine. a handcannon with a built-in laser sight is okay, and it being a naval pistol able to be used as a club isn't too unreasonable, but a gun that powerful (D10+4) and heavy (melee weapon) should probably have a one-handed penalty.

The auxiliary grenade launcher being a built-in freebie when that normally costs about 250 credits and 2.5 Kgs (admittedly for a longer range) is pushing it, especially since you've not given it any rule preventing me dual-wielding grenade launchers.

Yes, light grenades, but 3D5 isn't much worse than 2D10 since I've got 3 bites at the cherry for goon-slaughtering righteous fury. More importantly the Flechette rounds are brutal as **** with scatter for something coming out of a brace of red dot sight pistols. If the argument for the ferocious damage is that it's bigger than a 12 gauge round, then it's going to have at least the impact on the user as a heavy handcannon or shotgun pistol.

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2015 at 10:23 AM, Angel of Death said:

The Typhoon is firing a Hand Cannon round, design with a high rate of fire in mind. With it’s ammo the weapon has a horrible reputation for massive recoil, yet brutal to be on the receiving end of it’s storm of bullets. Due to the massive recoil, as it is firing hand cannon round, unless the firer has a Strength Bonus of 4 or more, the Typhoon suffers the Inaccurate trait at Semi-Auto, for Full Auto need a Strength  Bonus of 5 or more. While this weapon can be fired one handed, add +2 to Strength Bonus needed or take an additional -10 BS from the recoil. The major downside to this weapon is the short range of the this weapon, but that can be countered by the massive damage it can do to your enemies.
Class: Basic (Solid Projectile)
Range: 30m [when stock is folded] 45 [stock extended]
ROF: S/5/10
Damage:1d10+5 I
Clip: 30
Special: Fiendish Recoil (-20 BS Full Auto)
Weight: 3.5 kg
Price: 150

Right....so this one's a basic weapon. It's kicking out really fat rounds at high cyclic rate.

Note that it's delivering more damage-per-round than a heavy stubber at the same rate of fire, which feels a bit wrong. The same stats with 1D10+4 still delivers the same punch as an Armageddon autogun or mars heavy stubber, with a pen value to boot.

TL:DR;

• Kracker, Deathstalker, Pocket Puncher damage bonus increase
  • Thunderrose handcannon penalties for using one-handed, think about restricting the ability to use the underslung launchers when guns akimbo.
  • Typhoon damage decrease