Dune Anyone?

By MinionOfProvidence, in The Crystal Ball and The Wishing Well

Not sure about anyone else but i love Dune. They made a few games back in teh day but it needs to make a come back. There are so many books (if you count the stuff his son wrote) that you could never run out of material. I think it would make a great LCG or CCG i mean you already have all the factions set up and everything! Anyway i definitly think that something needs to be done with it because Frank Herburt was an amazing author and he is right in their for me with HP and Howard.

MinionOfProvidence said:

Not sure about anyone else but i love Dune. They made a few games back in teh day but it needs to make a come back. There are so many books (if you count the stuff his son wrote) that you could never run out of material. I think it would make a great LCG or CCG i mean you already have all the factions set up and everything! Anyway i definitly think that something needs to be done with it because Frank Herburt was an amazing author and he is right in their for me with HP and Howard.

Well FFG's new board game Rex was a Dune board game converted over to a different theme. Whether Dune's license was too expensive or for whatever reasons, FFG instead put the Twilight Imperium theme over-top the Dune board game. Sorry to spoil your aspirations, but I thought I'd let you know to give those hopes up now because I'd figure if FFG was going to do a Dune bg, they'd have done it with Rex.

Ahh - we're thinking along the same lines - I just posted about a similar idea, but more based with miniatures and questing in the world of Dune - but certainly the books could lend themselves easily to a LCG, with skermish packs, and all of the different characters from the book I think that would also be a huge hit.

Ahh - we're thinking along the same lines - I just posted about a similar idea, but more based with miniatures and questing in the world of Dune - but certainly the books could lend themselves easily to a LCG, with skermish packs, and all of the different characters from the book I think that would also be a huge hit.

Personally I'd like to see a Dune RPG if anything.

My wish: Dune Living Card Game, 2-4 players, non-cooperative. So much depth could go into this.