Zorka Overwatch Question.

By Lance845, in Tannhauser

If I put Zorka on over watch, and an enemy walks adjacent to a Viovode or Coil that has been placed, can that trigger Zorka to attack them?

Basically what I am seeing (unless I am wrong) is that since anything adjacent to a Viovode or Coil is considered adjacent to Zorka for the purpose of attacks with the magnifier that she "threatens" those circles as though they are on her path. If somebody walks by she can then interrupt their activation and she can make her overwatch attack. Yea?

As far as I know, Zor'Ka can't use her magnifier on overwatch. But I'm not sure about that, playing Matriarchy to rare.

On the other hand I'm not sure if in this case they could be interpreted as adjacent to Zor'Ka (as far as they do not act on one of her paths). In my opinion it would not, 'cause this would be a too powerful strategy for blocking several paths.

I think the rules aren't really clear on this point. One could argue that the Magnifier rules state that the circles adjacent to Voivodes are adjacent to Zor'ks "for the purpose of Magnifier attacks", meaning they aren't adjacent for any other purpose, overwatch for example. Of couse, one might also argue that the overwatch attack is made with the Magnifier, so it is a Magnifier attack. You could argue both ways here. Some months ago, I'd have said: "Send the question to FFG." But they have given some strange answers some time ago, and then have stopped giving answers at all, so no help here.

By the way, I have never even thought of placing Zor'ka on overwatch. I prefer to march forward with her and attack targets of my choice every turn instead of having her standing around and hoping that a character of my opponent's choice triggers overwatch.

I was thinking of it more in terms of other game modes. Capture the flag as an example.

Zroka used in that way, with the other heroes dropping coils and the viovodes taking up certain positions, could act as a way to discourage certain paths from being used.

Yea... the more I read the rules in the revised rule book the more I think it actually works that way. I think Zorka can overwatch attack with the magnifer through the coils/viovodes.

After reading the rules about this again, I think you're right.

I didn't find any restrictions about this, so I think you can act like this. I'll maybe try this strategy next time I play the Matriarchy