Yula: Available soon?

By Groddzilla, in Tannhauser

Did I just miss this annoucement? I notice Yula's status on the product page is now Available Soon. If it's true, all I can say is SWEET.

I understand te hype for those who like to have the complete set of expansions but do you really think she would make an impact in the game?

I have not played with her but I never felt she is that great in the gameplay (IMHO). Stamina 4 makes her really soft, the hardware breaking ability on average works once each 2 attacks (10 dice rolled) and she is not very likely to survive that far. Her counter attack abilities are avoided by just not going too close to her...

I find less risky to go for someone like Hoss or Karl (I dont imagine playing reich without hermann).

Yula's strenghs and weaknesses have been debated on this forum several times, and the majority of Tannhäuser fans keep on saying that Yula is powerful. I still agree with Moebius in the point that she's weaker than other Reich characters and her abilities won't work often enough. If you want to field a powerful Reich team, you'll certainly field someone else.

But before everyone flames me again, read on: Powerful or not, I like to see Yula reprinted because lots of fans wanted her to be reprinted. I understand that someone who doesn't have her wants to complete his set with her, and I really like to see that FFG does what the fans asked for. They really listened to you, and that's a great thing to know!

I think it's sweet, because I would like to have the mini. But also, I like the idea of playing a story version of the game. Have one player take Yula and the other player take a 3 or 4 troops. Yula would have to break in, steal something and break out before being discovered or shot.

I don't know how well this would work, I haven't played a solo character verses a group before, but I think it would be interesting to try it.

Groddzilla said:

I think it's sweet, because I would like to have the mini. But also, I like the idea of playing a story version of the game. Have one player take Yula and the other player take a 3 or 4 troops. Yula would have to break in, steal something and break out before being discovered or shot.

I don't know how well this would work, I haven't played a solo character verses a group before, but I think it would be interesting to try it.

this was essentially the idea behind my Operation: Cabana Boys Scenario starring the Blutsturm ladies: miah000.blogspot.com/search/label/Scenarios

Do Yula & Eva use their assassination techniques to take out the inebriated & vulnerable Union Heroes asap, and then the troopers on Overwatch?

Or do they first steal the Union Heroes' special equipment in the crates before they can recover & use them?

Or do they take the time to rendezvous with Wolf to augment their strike force, allowing Schocktruppen reinforcements (w/o needing to use Iron Cross)?

Or do they simply run straight at the cabin through Overwatch fire and hope to extract the tome as quickly as possible?