New Talisman Expansion - The Unhollow (completed)

By Shymova77, in Talisman Home Brews

I have finished the first version of this new expansion.

The link below is the download link (approx 32mb). It contains the board, sheets and back sheets of the entire pages. The files are already formatted in .jpg ready to be print (to fit as long as you respect the size ration).

dl.dropbox.com/u/1472759/The%20Unhollow%20.zip/The%20Unhollow_Shy77_T4RE_v1.zip

The link below is a photo gallery of the entire expansion, so feel free to download using the link above or simply browse the gallery below.

www.dropbox.com/gallery/1472759/2/Talisman%20Home%20Brews%20-%20Public/The%20Unhollow

I strongly suggest you try this out. I believe it will be one of those mandatory home brew expansions for all you Talisman fans.

ENJOY!

I. Turenne

A very nice looking expansion.

Well, I've been working alot. Lost alot of time with my family and friends over the past couple months because of it. I just decided one night to check out the downloadable expansions at Talisman Island and was pretty amazed with this one.

This one is on my someday soon list for the scissors and paperboard night it will take to play this one out. This is a nice visual treat for Talisman.

Thank you Shymova77!

Thank you.

Please send any feedbacks on either this forum or to [email protected].

I have not yet completed by full revision since I am waiting for more feedbacks on actual the actual gameplay.

Hi, i just downloaded your expansion for Talisman. I am at the cutting process now, but looking at the board I'm curious about movement.

How do you move on the board? I'm guessing firstly from right to left, then one field down and from left to right, again one down and from right to left up to Thornroot. I move with K6 and i can go left or right, or am I forced to move in only one direction? What if I am standing on the (for example) Pool of Tears and roll 5 on my dice? Can i move on the Thornroot field or i have to go back, and aim directly on him?

Another thing, how can you get into the unhollow board? From the forest? I think this problem is explained in the rules of other expansions like highlands or the dungeon, but i don't own them, only reaper and sacred pool.

And last, but not least... This expansion looks great, I really like selection of arts, and the board is extremly climatic :DChoise of colours on cards are beatufill too, Hallow and Unhollow deck are both made great. I'm amazed by the quality of this expansion. Congratulations :)
A little detail which I love is that you made cards and their back in right order, so I had to only print one side and then other side without edditng or extra cutting. Whole printing process was nice and smooth.

Hi Teuzz,

Thank you for trying the Unhollow.

Hope you have lots of fun with this one!

Very nice expansion, excellent job.

congratulations on putting this together, this expansion is a blast! Your new objects and enemy abilities are really clever. great job; my roommate and I plan on printing these out and basically treating them like talisman canon

The expansion board is simply beautiful, all the locations are in the same style, and despite a domination of green colors they are pleasant to the eye, what makes the board look absolutely professional. The choice of pictures from Magic the Gathering is perfect, as they fit perfectly to the "dark forest" theme.

As for the rules I like the idea of two different decks, and I will be very happy to try them out, and see how the cards will perform.

Thank you for your comments.

Hope you enjoy it!

NIcely done, but one little tiny thing catches my eye.

For the title of this expansion did you actually mean "Un- h a llow " rather than "Un- h o llow ". Click links to see the difference in this terms.

Probably should have asked earlier, but it just occurred to me now. One mistyped letter can make a big difference.

Nice catch, did not see this one.

I mean't to use the term Unhallowed, as in haunted or unholy. This is a typo.

I will add this to my list of things to revise for this expansion since it is starting to be more and more popular.

"hallow" is a verb, as into "hallow" or "sanctify" ground or a place, which takes a specific blessing designed for such. To unhallow would then mean "to remove sanctification," making it just normal ground/place again. "Unhallow" (verb) therefore wouldn't be the same as or similar to "unholy," (which is an adjective).

All of this is no big deal, of course, for the expansion still works as intended. And some wouldn't give a squat over the language issues… gran_risa.gif

Just one question regarding "Thornroot" the final space in the expansion with the Treant fight: When the fight is won and an artifact is gained is it at random or choice of any?

Hi! I've found this addition on the another site, but I have a question for you. I'm from Russia, and I'm translating your addition. I can't understend, how to determine places like "Wishing stone", is it Hallow or Unhallow?

P.S.: Pictures are great, better than in first game!