Getting the Cyberdemon to fit right?

By King of Terror, in Doom

'm sure you all have had this problem. You put the Cyberdemon together only to find a gap between the 2 pieces. My fix was to cut down some of the stump. It worked some but the gap is still there where the top half and lower half come together and isn't very seemless. What else will I have to look at to make it fit together well?

3 choices I would use:

a. use a bit of those hardening putty

b. ignore it, it's should be just a tiny hole

c. use other miniatures. I used a Tyranid Carnifex

My first answer would be to use Green Stuff. You probably won't want to spend the money for such a small project, but I bet you have friends that paint minis that have some. A little goes a long way!

Yeah, Green Stuff... I use 'em all the time. Good putty that

Actually i never had that problem with my cyberdemons :D

Amitloaf said:

Actually i never had that problem with my cyberdemons :D

A quick recap of a known issue:

The figures are made of a soft plastic that has rubber-like properties to it. When the figures are cramped together in the box and stored/transported in warm tempetures, many figures can soften up and then reharden in cooler tempetures. Resulting in some figures looking bent, warped or otherwise deformed.

A simple solution to this is: Soak the deformed figures in hot water. (However, not so hot that you melt or burn the figures!) Once the figure is nice and warm/hot it becomes kind of... floppy. It is so soft that it deforms trivially. While in this floppy state, postion the figure properly by proping it up against something. Or pinning it down with weights. Whatever it takes. Let the figure cool while positioned in the proper pose.

Problem solved.

You are basicly undoing what the cramped packaging and warm tempeture did to the figure in the first place.

Yes I think the best solution is to use some form of modelling putty in the gaps. Green stuff is the favourite among most hobbyists but I am sure there are other cheaper and maybe easier to use alternatives. I have just seen that Vallejo (as in the paint range) sell tubes of modelling putty - best to ask in your local model shop or game store.

I think I must of got lucky with mine, they fit together pretty well, but I did have to use the hot and cold trick on the bases to stop them falling over all the time.

I don't really fix my cyberdemons together, since I want to be able to take it apart to ease packing up lengua.gif