Alien Sheet Sleeves? I'd like to protect my aliens.

By Tiz, in Cosmic Encounter

I wanted to know if there are sleeves to protect the alien sheets. I've seen plenty of card sleeves, but it doesn't seem like Fantasy Flight has any sleeves to protect the alien sheets themselves. My aliens are showing some ware and tear in the corners, and I would like to protect them before it gets any worse. Laminating them can get expensive, since with the new expansion, there would be 110 to deal with.

Does anyone know if Fantasy Flight has any alien sheet sleeves available? Or even any plans to make them?

Or is there somewhere else that sells sleeves that size?

I'd appreciate any help. Does anyone else have this problem? How do you protect your aliens?

Thanks!

Go to eBay and type "cosmic encounter sleeves" in the search box. Seller "tbg_shop" often sells sleeves for alien sheets. I've had mine for a year or two now and am very happy I made the investment.

Hey thanks a lot I'll check that out!!

Hi. Do you guys also use card sleeves? I can't decide if it's a good idea or not to use card sleeves and alien power sleeves.

I sleeved mine after about a year, for two reasons. First, the game was getting played a ton, and I was worried about wearing out the cards. Second, sleeving the cards makes it much easier to add homebrew cards and aliens.

I'm having a hard timing getting this to the table with my game group. They have yet to make it past the first game with the simple rules but I love this game and will keep trying. I started playing this game back when West End Games had it. So I'm still toying with the idea of sleeving. I've never sleeved any of my games before. Do you recomend the thinner standard sleeves or the thicker Premium ones and why? Thanks.

Tastes differ, but I prefer the FFG sleeves for this game.

I was wondering the Alien Card sizes? Is it 4x6 inches or something? Thanks

AS a side note to sleeving i have laminated all of my alien cards. takes a bit more time than just sleeving, but even less chance of damage due to drinks etc.

Just_A_Bill thanks so much for the info. I went to ebay like you said, and bought those sleeves. They work so well all 110 aliens are now much safer from my girlfriend constantly spilling her water. Side note- we decided to get her a sippy cup, which she is now required to use during our games (it may seem extreme, but trust me she has a gift for knocking cups over).

I even used some of the spare sleeves for my "Rex: Final Days of an Empire" character sheets. They're slightly longer than the alien sheets, just a teeny tiny bit of the edge stick out of the top.

For those thinking about sleeving their cards, the green Fantasy Flight Supply sleeves work great. The deck will become much bigger but it still shuffles fine. I can't believe I waited so long to sleeve my cards. We play this game so much at my house. After a year of playing, the cards were getting worn out. I highly recommend getting the Fantasy Flight packs. The sleeves are great and they tell you exactly which ones fit so there is no measuring. Buying the game and all expansions, I've invested a lot of money in this game, and now I know I will be able to enjoy it for more years to come.

But I must say- with the game and all the expansions, sleeving 327 cards takes some time. Have your friends help :)

Tiz

Does anyone know if the Alien Sheet sleeves are still being sold? I've been checking tbg_shop on eBay off and on for a couple months and have never seen them listed. Are there any other channels for purchase of these?

Bloody Sun Boy said:

Does anyone know if the Alien Sheet sleeves are still being sold? I've been checking tbg_shop on eBay off and on for a couple months and have never seen them listed. Are there any other channels for purchase of these?

Yes he is still selling them. Send him an email and he will relist them quickly.