Question regarding rule in Mission pack 1

By Three4Flinching, in Death Angel

In the rules for Mission pack 1 it says that "When a swarm containing an adrenalin Genesestealer attacks and rolls a 0, the formation shifts and then the swarm attacks again.

What do they mean with formation shift, does the swarm move up or down in the space marine formation?

Another question, lets say that I got a swarm of 4 genestealers next to one of my space marines, does distance count when he attacks the one furthest away from him (the fourth Genestealer)? The range only affects where in the formation the enemy is does it not?

Three4Flinching said:

In the rules for Mission pack 1 it says that "When a swarm containing an adrenalin Genesestealer attacks and rolls a 0, the formation shifts and then the swarm attacks again.

What do they mean with formation shift, does the swarm move up or down in the space marine formation?

Another question, lets say that I got a swarm of 4 genestealers next to one of my space marines, does distance count when he attacks the one furthest away from him (the fourth Genestealer)? The range only affects where in the formation the enemy is does it not?

I interpret this as meaning "the formation shifts [because the marine just died] and then the swarm attacks [whoever is now in front of it] again". If the marine has some special ability that lets them survive a zero, then the Adrenal will just attack them again.

All Genestealers in a swarm are at the same range. It's only the steps up and down the formation that count.

Ok I have played a few games with this expansion now and I think i´m playing it right. The way I interpret this rule is that if a swarm containing an Adrenalin genestealer attacks and rolls a zero the swarm shift target and travels up or down (depending on position) the Space Marine formation and attacks the new target the same round.

Is there anyone else who plays this way, or am I completely wrong?

Sorry if I use the ordinary forum and not the sub-forum dedicated too the expansions. I thought it was better to continue this thread than starting a new.