Tannhauser Online Mini Tournament

By m0ebius, in Tannhauser

Hello

We were discussing about playing a tournament using my Tannhauser online. I would like to give it a try.

To make things easy and simple for the first ever TO tourney (AKA pilot test Tannhauser Cup) :

• Players: I would like it to be 4 players only (4 factions),
  • Game Mode: CTF
  • Matches: 4 matches 3 regular matches and 1 final between the two with more wins. Ties solved like in soccer (whoever won the 1 on 1 match between the two tied factions wins). 1 match per week is the minimun commitment, but players may seek each other and agree to play theirmatches sooner if they want.
  • Teams: Again, simplicity is king as it is the first go, same teams for all matches (and I am trying to balance teams here)
    Union: McNeal, Ramirez, Barry, Alpha, Delta
    Reich: Heizinger, Karl,Eva,Shock,Stoss
    Matriarchy: Zorka, Gorgei, Irina, Boepripacy, Zazizag
    Shogunate: Iroh,Mizu,Wolf,Ashigaru,Shin
  • Equipment:
    No Bonus Tokens, No Bonus Packs
    Hero andt troop packs chosen at will by the player
  • Enrollment: Post here saying that you are on, your availability days, time zone and team preference order, Example: "URMS" or "MRUS" and add me as friend in the FFG forum, please put your email or skype in the friend request so I can reach out to you ;-)
  • Match report by posting here with a brief description on how the game went.
  • Technology: Tannhauser Online v3 + Skype (find a microphone), voice skype is a must otherwise a game takes 6 hours.
  • The winner will be awarded with... Lots of fame and goodwill. (and an email personally signed by Hermann von Heizinger)

I have tried to balance the teams by nerfing the most unbalancing characters in CTF like voivodes, hoss or hoax and giving some shooting power to the shogunate.

I was thinking about having a debate on rules, teams etc but then I tought, its just 4 games not a long league or anything we might just go with the simplest approach possible and then decide if it has been fun.

Match length on TO is usually 3 hours the first game and 2 hours the following games, if you dont own a fantasy grounds license the match needs to be run in one go as you cant save the progress.

If I get 3 people to enroll (I am the fourth player) I would setup a skype calls with each to try to arrange things and brief people on how to install and run TO in case that my carefully laid instructions are not enough gui%C3%B1o.gif

I need three volunteers, Anybody up for it?

My enrollment info:

Moebius; Availability Weekends if possible, Time zone GMT +1, Faction preference MRSU

AJ aka Artemus Maximus / EST : GMT -05:00 / SUN - THU: 1600 - 2300, FRI & SAT: ANY or NONE, depending on weekend / URSM

Welcome Artemus, thx for joining :-)

2 more to go!

I've had second thoughts about allowing the bonus tokens and packs. I thought of a way to have them without adding extra complexity. Two main reasons for this:

• Part of the fun comes with the variety on the setups, this will add some variety to the games
  • This provides a way to reuse useless slots in some characters that may make no sense otherwise (I.E. Zorka's voivodes abilities)

As soon as the teams are set, I will send a very easy Team sheet to be filled by all players. The sheets will be released all at the same time well ahead the first game so players have time to look at the equipment of the opposing team well before the game and ask for rules and doubts (or check the forum) so we dont need explanations (this may well shorten match time by 20 minutes).

Sheets will be an excel with three worksheets, one per matchup (Union worksheet vs Reich Example):

Hero Pack Bonus Token Token removed

MCNeal Combat Boxing Medal of Honor

Barry Command ----- --------

All official bonus tokens and packs may then be allowed with the single exception of Shame of Minos (as some teams are forced to have mercs).

Artemus, if this changes your faction preference let me know :-)

ill keep faction preference.

how will it be handled if a pair of players in a game select the same bonus token?

so we need skype just for the VOIP right? don't need a webcam? because i don't have one but VOIP is no problem.

also im trying to figure out this fantasy grounds program....i loaded demo campaign and created one...w/ load, program crashes when i select a map. when i create, there are no map options...guess im not sure how this works :)

I'll volunteer if I can understand the programme AND synchronise with opponents preocupado.gif

-Nhoj

(this is a big ?)

Artemus Maximus said:

ill keep faction preference.

how will it be handled if a pair of players in a game select the same bonus token?

so we need skype just for the VOIP right? don't need a webcam? because i don't have one but VOIP is no problem.

also im trying to figure out this fantasy grounds program....i loaded demo campaign and created one...w/ load, program crashes when i select a map. when i create, there are no map options...guess im not sure how this works :)

Yes Skype is just meant to avoid typing, there would be no screen real state for a webcam even if we wanted to and I dont have a webcam either.

In case both sides have the same bonus tokens we will play it that way, its simpler than trying to rule the situation, in online the token copies are not limited so no technical restriction.

Your problem is puzzling, I will answer in the Tannhauser online thread to keep discussions separate.

If instructions are not clear I will make a video or step by step guide.

Nhoj said:

I'll volunteer if I can understand the programme AND synchronise with opponents preocupado.gif

-Nhoj

(this is a big ?)

As I said, free TO lesson to everybody that signes up so welcome! please fill the sign p info (timetable, and team preference)

Connecting problems ill address on the TO thread to keep this one clean :-)

still need 1 more participant!

Cmon the glory of winning the first ever international tannhauser tourney is up for grabs!!!

I'll happily take the Reich team

I'm on Greenwich Mean Time, I live in Glasgow, Scotland

I'm available most Saturdays and Sundays, as well as weekdays during the day. I'm a musician gui%C3%B1o.gif

I will of course add you as a friend Moebius (and the others too, Artemus?)

I don't have Skype yet, this gives me a good excuse to get it happy.gif

Looking forward to it, I have the online programmes but have yet to watch the how to videos, this is in my to do list of course

-Nhoj

Ok any taker for Shogunate + wolf team? I will send you both the sheet to fill the equipment for the games so we can start with the first two games at least...

Nhoj please do install skype so we can voice chat while we play, it makes it way faster :-)

I see this post is quite old but caught my eye. Did you finally played the tournament ? Will you repeat it ? I would like to try it.

Hello, of the 3 people that signed up I was only able to reach artemus, sent private messages to the others but got no replies. We have played several games since, we could say that the first one was the tournament one and he won, thus hes the winner of the first edition by that single game cool.gif

I am more than open to try it again and have a second edition, as the first only 4 players needed.

If you are up for it and artemus is still willing we only need to find a fourth player and I think that we might find one, so lets give it a try!

To make it simple, same rules, same teams (after all most of it was not used), replies from here onwards will be considered for this second edition.

One exception, the minimun commitment of one match per week might have prevented some to join, I would enlarge this limit and have it once per 2 weeks instead.

My team preference:

M, R, S, U

Open to play mainly weekends (including fridays), based in Europe (CET)

For those that have doubts, I would help anybody to install and get the program running, it takes about 10 minutes to set it up and another 20 for me to explain how it works and the tips and tricks.

My team preference
U M R S

However could you provide link to the online Tannhauser, is it the Vassal module ?

I'm now on business trip in France however returning on 16.June so no problem to play from than on.

Falco said:

My team preference
U M R S

However could you provide link to the online Tannhauser, is it the Vassal module ?

I'm now on business trip in France however returning on 16.June so no problem to play from than on.

Find it in this thread . Make sure to scroll down and download version 3 some video instructions can be found in Miah's blog here

Also install skype so you can talk while playing, makes the game much faster than text chat.

sorry guys - was out of the country. still interested in playing :)

Well then we are set to go (there is a fourth player interested from the spanish tannhauser forum).

I will mail all the participants, and update results posting here :-)