Rotation schedule or no?

By Hurdoc, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

Will there be a system where the most recent two Chapter Pack series and the Core set will be tournament legal, or will all chapter packs forever be legal going forward?

Who knows? Things are................. shaky at the moment.

Hurdoc said:

Will there be a system where the most recent two Chapter Pack series and the Core set will be tournament legal, or will all chapter packs forever be legal going forward?

Even if there is I wouldn´t count on it.

"Nothing lasts forever in the cold November rain."

I hope and expect the chapter packs to have at least a 2-3 year cycle in LCG Format, but I would only expect things to remain permanently playable in Legacy of some type.

kpmccoy21 said:

"Nothing lasts forever in the cold November rain."

"Use your illusion I"

Kennon is absolutely right, things are a little shaky this time. So i guess we need to be patient and wait for another announcement.

Yup. Basically we've had announcements about a month apart about rotation schedules that really showed a contradicting viewpoint on how things should work and radically altered the landscape so to speak. So for now, I'd say it's a bit shaky as far as how those things will play out.

Add to that the consideration that we don't know what the Core Set is going to look like from year to year. Will they be publishing a new one, with new decks, each year or reissuing this one slightly updated (kind of like "2nd Edition")? That would have to factor into any LCG rotation schedule.

On the bright side, rotation schedules usually don't come into things until the second year. We may not have to worry about this until November of 2010.

IF LCG is new player oriented, then I expect a rotation every year so that players only have to invest in a core set and one set of 6 chapter packs. Otherwise a new player would have to plot down quite a bit of dough to play competitive. And some chapter packs may be unavailable.

So I don't expect LCG to ever have a card pool > 500.

Of course, it was originally announced that Chapter Packs were planned to eventually be unavailable in order to still encourage trading and the like.