Bent Miniatures

By arkhamresident, in Nexus Ops

I received my copy of Nexus Ops yesterday and I noticed that some of the Rubium Dragons, Rock Striders and Lava Leapers had bent appendages due to the manner they were packed. Since they seem to be made of faily pliable material I was thinking that if I immersed them in fairly warm/hot water until they became easier to bend then positioned them in the proper fashion and cooled the minis quickly they'd set in whatever way I wanted. I don't know if this would be a good idea or would work so if anyone has any experience with getting these kind of minis repositioned I'd appreciate any input.

That's exactly how I fix bent minis. Immerse bent area in hot water, fixate, and put in ice gold water.

hth,

~telengard

Thanks! Now I just need to figure out how to store them without screwing up the bits again. happy.gif

I always fix my bent minis (even the pre-painted Tannhauser minis) using that technique, dipping the mini in hot water, and then giving it a thermal shock dipping in cold water.

What I always do to store games is purchase some cheap plastic organizers. One of the most popular amont the hobbyists in the US is Plano boxes, but in my case, since I live in Brazil, that is not a very economic solution, and I buy cheap, local ones.