Survival Gear Mists/Sands + Mists question

By Kajlo, in Runebound

Hi,

Can I use multiple survival gear in one turn? So lets say in Sands can I use Camel Pack x 3 to move 3 extra spaces or in Mists use Dead Man's compas few times to change result on few dice? Will same rules apply to all survival gears? So 3 adventures kit will give +9 bonus?

Also I have quesiton about Lost City in Mists. In manual it says that it is considered a town for movement and knocked out heroes but not for ritual and omens. So lets say Lost City is at river terrain. Somebody just completed riutal which require to take roaming monster check. So if there is monster which is roaming at river terrain then Hero which is in Lost City which is placed at river will need to take challenge with it right? Or becouse he is in City ( even tho Lost City ) he will do like in all normal cities and draw extra card to roaming monster track?

Thanks

Kajlo

Hello and nice to read you here.

Kajlo said:

Can I use multiple survival gear in one turn? So lets say in Sands can I use Camel Pack x 3 to move 3 extra spaces or in Mists use Dead Man's compas few times to change result on few dice? Will same rules apply to all survival gears? So 3 adventures kit will give +9 bonus?

Rulebook says that Survival Gear counts as Items for all game purposes. Since they are discarded after use, they're "discar-to-use" items like the Market cards with a Blue compass rose symbol on them. Unlike "activate-to-use" Items, the discard-to-use items are not limited and you can use many of them in the same Turn and on the same die roll. Of course, using multiple Water Skins has no use, while multiple Camels and Adventuring Kits can surely help your Hero.

Kajlo said:

Also I have quesiton about Lost City in Mists. In manual it says that it is considered a town for movement and knocked out heroes but not for ritual and omens. So lets say Lost City is at river terrain. Somebody just completed riutal which require to take roaming monster check. So if there is monster which is roaming at river terrain then Hero which is in Lost City which is placed at river will need to take challenge with it right? Or becouse he is in City ( even tho Lost City ) he will do like in all normal cities and draw extra card to roaming monster track?

When the Lost City is placed on the board, it replaces entirely the terrain type under it. You cannot reference it as any other terrain type than a Town (= wild space for movement). You don't have to make Roaming monster checks there.

BUT

the wording "However, the Lost City is not considered a town for ritual or omen effects." makes you ignore the Town status when appying an Omen or Ritual effect. For example, the Blue/Purple Ritual "Blood Hunt" instructs each Hero to make a roaming monster check, so you have to check as any other Hero for roaming monsters. The Yellow Ritual "Rite of Flesh" tells you to take X wounds where X is the number of Roaming Monsters that match your current terrain type. I think you're right to consider the terrain where you put the Lost City and resolve the ritual as any othe Hero.

Interesting question, by the way, and another ambiguity related to Lost City in Mists. This is not the first problem about this special Town ruling and I bet it's not the last one.