Unnatural Vigor

By matthias de wit, in Black Crusade Rules Questions

Hi,

During character development, one of my players pointed out to me that unnatural vigor, page 76 in the Nurgle section, has no description.

After searching the book, we decided to use unnatural toughness instead of unnatural vigor.

What do you think about this? And what bonus do you think is appropriate? I thought 2 to 3.

Greetz

I would definitely not interpret that as unnatural toughness, which is quite powerful and leaves open the question why there aren't explicit unnatural charactertistic purchases linked to the other three chaos powers. I imagine it is a talent which was cut out of the book with only that entry remaining by accident.

Decessor said:

I would definitely not interpret that as unnatural toughness, which is quite powerful and leaves open the question why there aren't explicit unnatural charactertistic purchases linked to the other three chaos powers. I imagine it is a talent which was cut out of the book with only that entry remaining by accident.

+1 on this. It most certainly should not be read as Unnatural Toughness.

Its been a while since I looked at what talents there are... Personally, if there is no talent that does this already, I would have Unnatural Vigor provide the benefit of never needing sleep, and never suffering from fatigue (it still stacks for the purpose of being knocked out though).

KommissarK said:

Decessor said:

+1 on this. It most certainly should not be read as Unnatural Toughness.

Its been a while since I looked at what talents there are... Personally, if there is no talent that does this already, I would have Unnatural Vigor provide the benefit of never needing sleep, and never suffering from fatigue (it still stacks for the purpose of being knocked out though).

Never needing sleep is functionally provided by Meditation (ten minutes to get rid of fatigue, and all going without sleep does is give you fatigue, so...), and never suffering fatigue except for purposes of being knocked out is covered by the Nerveless Ennui Gift. I'd just say pretend Unnatural Vigor doesn't exist and be done with it.

I can't actually find any reference to sleep in the book at all, except for the space marine implant section mentioning they're immune to perception penalties from staying awake. The rule itself, I can't find.

And yes, I echo the rest. Treating unnatural vigor as purchasable unnatural toughness is a BAD IDEA. Especially when said God's MARK doesn't grant more than +1. Granted, it also throws Stuff of Nightmares your way, but still, not a good sign.

There aren't also rules for needing to eat, but it's assumed that character must. Otherwise warp-eater would only have a downside. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Decessor said:

There aren't also rules for needing to eat, but it's assumed that character must. Otherwise warp-eater would only have a downside. gui%C3%B1o.gif

I submitted a inquiry about unnatural vigor and got a response back.

To paraphrase, it wasn't working and as such was removed, it should not be included in that table.

Not much help for those who wanted another Nurgle advance but at least now we know what the story is.

I want to thank everyone for the good response. We'll ignore unnatural Vigor.

grtz

No worries. Enjoy your campaign and remember sound constitution is a handy way of getting lots of Nurgle advances (up to toughness bonus).