Best Archetype for each Faction?

By Jvirtue55, in Warhammer Invasion Deck Building

So I am some what new to this game, I have played many other CCGs so I understand basic tactics for card games.

I saw in another thread that said each faction had a solid Archetype just trying to get a feel with these archtypes what are each Archetypes key cards

I have my own ideas but I would like to see what the comunities thoughts were

Jvirtue55 said:

So I am some what new to this game, I have played many other CCGs so I understand basic tactics for card games.

I saw in another thread that said each faction had a solid Archetype just trying to get a feel with these archtypes what are each Archetypes key cards

I have my own ideas but I would like to see what the comunities thoughts were

My opinion, although I can't play that many games to evaluate all cards as clearly as the polish or italian playgroups:

Dwarf : Stahleck especially Jaszczurr clearly proved that Reclaim is back. Basicaly you try to get as many units as possible into your discard pile in order to bring all of them back into play with Reclaiming the Fallen (restricted card) and win in one turn when everything goes as planned. Since Chaos and DE have strong unit removal it wasn't such a drawback to get his dwarf units into discard pile. Key cards that help realising this:

Tunnel Fighter - strong unit, usually played for free and helps getting your discard pile full with units

Dwarf Ranger - versatile unit when in questzone. Allows unitcontrol or damage directly into capital when dwarf units leave play. Can win games when your "reclaimed" units leave play at the end of turn.

Beleagered Scout - they give you enough time to survive until you have all the combo cards to win the game. Protection against rush decks and allow to discard units like Tunnel Fighter.

Reclaiming the Fallen - Must have card that this deck is built around. Basically you need 4-6 units (or more when possible) you can reanimate in order to burn one zone and at best deal enough damage to another zone with 1 or 2 Dwarf Rangers in quest when all your revived units are sacrificed at the end of turn.

My life for the hold - same as Beleagered Scout

Burying the Grudge + Ancient Debts Repaid - these are great cards to assure to get enough resources to play Reclaiming the Fallen (great synergy with Tunnel Fighter or Beleagered Scout. Without these it would be very predictable for the opponent when you play your offensive. When playing this setup you want to play nearly everything into questzone to get enough card to develop every turn and getting the combo cards to turn the game. The opponent has to think twice when removing your units because you could get enough resources to play a Reclaim at the beginning of your turn which will be devastating for most opponents.

Grudge Thrower - nearly in every dwarf deck because of the synergy with a lot of dwarf cards. Can often be a matchwinner when combined with Dwarf Ranger or the pure attack power when multiple units are attacking

Ancestral Tomb - delivers more developments to sacrifice. Great starting hand combo with Tunnel Fighter.

Oh that was more detailed as I planned so I try to make it shorter.

Empire : I don't play empire often but I guess there are two versions that are strong. On one side there is the Judgement of Verena approach together with Long Winter, Will of the Electors or other/additional development control cards. Another strong version is massive handback stuff with Sigmars Blessed, Osterknacht Elite, Call for Reserves and other good "get in play" or "leave play" effects (optional you can play Volkmar legend). Cards that are in nearly every empire build: Peasant Milita, Friedrich Hemmler, Derricksburg Forge/Rodriks Raiders, Church of Sigmar, Iron Discipline. We will have to wait for the last BP of this cycle to see what cards will be played econmy wise but I guess Sons of Coin and/or Imperial Zoo will be included.

High Elves: Maybe somebody else knows a deck that plays decent against various decks. I don't.

Orc: Rush together with a lot of cheap units together with Swarm of Bats and dmg boosting tactics is always a threat for nearly every deck. Here is a deck together with some of the newer cards that plays quite solid. Feel free to adapt it to your preferences:

3 Mork’s Teef Ritual
3 Warpstone Excavation
3 We'z Bigga!
3 Contested Village
3 Rip Dere 'Eads Off!
3 Spider Riders
3 Clan Moulder's Elite
3 Guard Squigs
3 Lobber Crew
3 One Orc's Scrap...
3 Squig Herders
3 Squig Trackers
3 Squig Pen
3 Blood Dragon Knight
3 Raise Dead
3 Grimgor Ironhide
3 Bloodthirster

Dark Elves: They have strong unit removal and milling options. Cards that are usually played in every deck: Walking Sacrifice, Seasoned Corsairs, Sacrifice to Khaine, Offering to Hekkarti, Har Ganeth, Slave Pen, Wight Lord/Blood Dragon Knight/Swarm of Bats. When playing Thief of Essence you can get a great card draw that allows a more kingdom focused play before going into offensive (Synergy: Walking Sacrifice, Har Ganeth, Slave Pen). Offering to Hekkarti is one of the best quests in this game and can turn the whole game when the DE unit removal engine gets running. The question is how much the player wants control elements relative to offensive cards. DE don't have that many units that deal great amounts of damage but with the release of Call the Kraken there are now some interesting ways to play expensive cards like Black Dragon Rider, Malus Darkblade, Toxic Hydra etc.

I couldn't test the discard theme enough since the release of City of Winter but Barbed Snares together with Cauldron of Blood are very effective and reliable cards for milling the opponent. Promenade of Malice is also a card that has the potential to be seen in a lot of future DE decks.

Chaos: Well probably the faction that benifited the most in this cycle and last expansion. I'm still wondering which type is the best. I played a fast Chaos deck with a lot of (cheap) units inlcuding Socerer of Tzeentch, Warhounds, Swarm of Bats, Offering of Blood, Call the Brayerd, Warpstone Experiments or other boost cards and it was really fast while having decent unitcontrol. Kairos Fateweaver together with chaos unitcontrol is still a strong archtype although Khorvak Grimbreath is the type that is played the most at the moment. The one that I like to play is the following:

3 Blood Summoning
3 Fledgling Chaos Spawn
3 Raiding Camps
3 Seduced by Darkness
3 Warpstone Excavation
3 Contested Village
3 Wall of Maggots
3 Braying Gor
3 Burn it Down
3 Desecrated Temple
3 Ungor Raiders
3 Warhounds
3 Khorvak Grimbreath
3 Sorcerer of Tzeentch
3 Unleashing the Spell
3 Warpstone Meteor
3 Shaggoth

What is a restricted card?

So are these restricted cards make broken combos? what are these combos or other reasons for each cards restriction?

These cards either speed up the game too much because they are cheap in cost or are too strong in itself to be played together with other restricted cards. Wether all spots are still reasonable choices is debatable.

Damm that sucks my dwarf deck for reclaim the fallen and Minning tunnels was cool fill up my developments then blow them up then Reclaim all the fallen