[Newbie] A question about turn order

By Reinn, in Tannhauser

Hi all:

Got the revised edition with a pack of other miniatures, love this game!

A friend of mine brings this question to me: "Should all miniatures of player A finish their moves/actions before those of player B could take any action?"

I just read the rules book and the turn order looks like the following:

Player A units ----> Player B units ------> Player A units ...

But he insists the above sequence would make the units waiting to take actions too vulnerable to enemy attacks therefore the order should be like:

Player A unit 1 ----> Player B unit 1 -----> PlayerA unit 2 ----> Player B unit 2 ----> until all units finish their actions.

I believe I am right but I cannot find the right section describing the rules from the book, any help?

1. Player A activates one character

2. Player B activates one character

X. Player A/B activates last character that can be activated

End turn.

Reason: page 10, Nr 4 says:

"When his turn to activate a character comes, a player may choose to activate any character on his side"

As stated here, he activates "any character", not "all characters"

I am quite sure the game is played so.

Katsuyori is right and quoted right of course. That same paragraph on page 10 further underlines his (and my) opion on that by stating that "players alternate activating their characters" and "if one player runs out of characters to activate, his opponent activates the rest of his characters one after the other". This last statement would be totally pointless if every player would activate all his characters at once.

??! said:

Katsuyori is right and quoted right of course. That same paragraph on page 10 further underlines his (and my) opion on that by stating that "players alternate activating their characters" and "if one player runs out of characters to activate, his opponent activates the rest of his characters one after the other". This last statement would be totally pointless if every player would activate all his characters at once.

Indeed.