Comprehensive FAQ project

By Roxas_Lawliet, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Hello Gaming Community,

I am the new marketing intern here at Fantasy Flight Games and I am working on a Comprehensive FAQ project and I need help from you, the fans. If you have any questions about the game that you feel were not addressed in the most current of the FAQ for Dark Heresy, please post them here.

Thank you,

Fantasy Flight Games

As can be seen by this Forum, "Pistols in melee" needs some clarification; can you do full auto and semi-auto or is it single-shot only, do you get -20 for shooting into melee, etc.

The Inquisitor's Handbook introduces the option of using shields as cover - if anything is mentioned about AP and area covered by the shield in the core book, I haven't been able to find it.

Shot selectors are not available for Las weapons - I am wondering if this is an oversight, since there seems little difference in fitting three magazines and fitting three charge packs and the way SP works, it should actually be easier.

That's all I can think of now, I will post further if I spot anything.

Clarification on melee distance.

Weight for backpack capacitors of all types.

Which SP weapons in the Inquisitor's Handbook can use dum-dums and/or man-stoppers, maybe?

Can you manouvre an opponent out of melee combat and if so, do you get the free attack or not.

And Lathe Body-Blowers.

xenobiotica said:

Which SP weapons in the Inquisitor's Handbook can use dum-dums and/or man-stoppers, maybe?

It may be listed elsewhere... but... a clarification on the use of Corruption Points for anything other than warp related causes. (ie - breaking the law (murder, theft, etc), stray rounds wounding by-standers, immorality, etc.)

Tech Heresy would be nice. It would be nice to have a skill and/or a tradeskill for tech-heresy. The reclamaitors are interesting and even if they are (somewhat) able to reinvent things it would be nice with a set of ideas that could guide the players thoughts in the correct direction.

First I must say thank you for the initiative!

Second, is there a way to handle this as they did on the old Black Industries forum to prevent endless spamming and 20 page threats. Make the question invisible to all except the questé until answered

Third: The bastard sword from the IH, is there a difference in wielding it 1-H and 2-H?

GrtZ,

Santiago...

Power weapons: When an attacker has a power weapon does it have the same chance of destroying regular weapons as when a character parries with a power weapon?

I dont think power weapons nor force weapons can be destroyed by being parried; only lesser weapons can be destroyed by power weapons.

However I cannot find anything on wether or not forceweapons can destroy weapons that parry the force weapon

I would say yes...you can parry power weapons with force weapon and there is no chance of loosing you force weapon, Lath blades are also immune to powerweapon destruction.

MOther said:

I dont think power weapons nor force weapons can be destroyed by being parried; only lesser weapons can be destroyed by power weapons.

However I cannot find anything on wether or not forceweapons can destroy weapons that parry the force weapon

I agree, but that wasn't my question....RAW states that when you parry with a power weapon there is a 75% chance the other weapon will be detroyed. But what happens when you are attacking with a power weapon and someone parries you? RAW doesn't cover this which I always thought was odd

It might be worth it to specifically clarify that Manstopper Rounds and Hotshots set the Penetration and does not add to the Penetration.

Inquisitor's Handbook page 188:

"Force weapons cannot be destroyed by a power weapon's field."

So no need to discuss that. But Emprah has a point, it only says that you can destroy non-power weapons when you parry with a power weapon. I'm thinking that maybe it should also say: when you parry a power weapon there's also a 75% of destruction, and if your weapon is destroyed, the power weapon hits and does damage as usual.

But if you start to argue like that then what's to stop from making a rule that the same applies to armours that gets hit by power weapons...

And Jacob, the errata already delt with the manstopper penetration discussion, and the hot-shot rules has always stated that it "gains a penetration of 4" and not "gains 4 to penetration". But I suppose in the case of the hot-shot some people might read it wrong.

Which SP pistols inthe IH are hand cannons?

(Personally we rule it's any with Pen 2).

There's thread around here someplace that has a bunch of items. My search-fu is extremely weak though...

Ah! Found it finally! Here is the thread.

Hey Roxas, thanks for taking the time to do this.

As far as questions go, I'd definitely like some clarification on how Income is supposed to be determined for Scum characters. Specifically how often are they supposed to roll on the Scum Income table, and under what circumstances? Also, does Scum income increase as they go up in ranks like other characters, and if so, how exactly?

I started a thread in the Rules Questions forum titled "Question on Scum Income" to try to get some insight on this, but we haven't been able to hash out anything that makes good sense so far. A little divine intervention would be greatly appreciated happy.gif

Thanks!

Or, more correctly, we have too many notions that make sense, and they're all mutually exclusive. I'm also interested in which (if any) of the explanations is correct.

From IH Expanded skill: invocation; Protective Invocation (IH page 232). How long does it take to invoke that? 1 round? How longs does it last? Forever or untill next WP made to resist a Psychic Power? Can one be under such protection and at same time use Invocation to gain add WP bonus an extra time for use of Psychic Powers (while also being under the protection of "Protective Invocation")?

1) Extra Grip and weight. It says that weapon with extra grip is 1/3 it's normal weight. Seems it's too good to be real.

2) Can melee attachment be a chain or even power weapon? Can it be mono or lathe blade upgraded?

3) What about twin-linked and combi weapons? I saw that some servitors have twin-linked autogun (not sure what it exactly was, I'm far from books now).

Thanks in advance!

Can you post something for weapon and armor stats?

Hi there,

I was wondering, is natural armour primitive?