Three Questions regarding Rulings

By aboynamedcrow, in Tannhauser

Hi Tannhauser Board,

I have three separate questions regarding various sections of Tannhauser:

1. If I use the Patmos Amulet on a character while they're on Overwatch, does it still trigger as normal, assuming I win the Mental duel, and assuming the action doesn't trigger overwatch?

2. While on of my units is on Overwatch and and enemy unit steps into my path, may I choose to trigger Overwatch if they move to continuous circles on my path? That is, they initial step into my path, but I choose to not trigger Overwatch until they move to a second (or even third) circle in my line of sight.

3. There are two sheets with what appear to be alternate rules for each piece of equipment and ability, but I can't find an explanation as to what they're used for. Are these alternate rules to be used when desired, or is there some other function for them? In some cases, the rules are vastly different.

Thanks very much.

1. Using Patmos Amulet on a character with Overwatch status will NOT cause that character to lose that Overwatch (answered by FFG staff)

2. Launching an OW attack is always optional; a player is never required to launch an OW attack when the trigger occurs. (Revised Rules, pg 27)

3. Those sheets were player guides for equipment & pertain to the old rules - they are obsolete with the new Revised Rules - ignore them. Use rules in Revised rulebook and books that come with figure expansions if they arent in the book and/or the equipment cards.

hope that helps :)

It indeed does help! Thanks very much.

In regards to the Patmos Amulet v. Overwatch status: would the Patmos Amulet's effect be considered Null? That is, I couldn't move that unt or attack the closest unit?

Thanks again.

no, being in OW does not make the Patmos Amulet movement & attack null, unless heizinger triggers OW and the OW attack kills heizinger and thereby making heizinger not able to target anymore. Whether a character is in OW or not when targeted by Patmos Amulet is insignificant when resolving.

So assuming Heizinger is alive and able to use Patmos Amulet on a target, FFG's ruling was that the effects of Patmos are resolved as written. after the Patmos Amulet's effect is done, the targeted OW character would still have OW. (Patmos amulet's rules then simply say that targeted character "may not be activated later that turn" - that was the case before, and it's the case now, so that part has a null effect. The OW character still doesn't activate)

Great, thanks again.