Mechadendrites and Equipment Bonuses: What's it all about then?

By Drurian, in Black Crusade Rules Questions

Hello all. Just a quick question regarding Medical and Utility mechadendrites bonuses and medkits and combi-tools respectively.

Do they stack?

For example, if I have a medical mechadendrite and a medkit will I get the + 10 from the mechadendrite and the +20 from the medkit, for a total of +30 (wehay!) or can I apply only one of these bonuses? I address the same question at the utility mechadendrite and the combi-tool.

Thanks in advance for the help, and in return I promise my Nurgle worshipping Heretek, Nicholas Santo, will do his best to spread Father Nurgles blessings to all the good boys and girls! What about the naughty you say? Well, it is sad that there are some who don't deserve Father Nurgles blessings and that's why we bring the Reaper Autocannon! :D

In general, yes, modifiers stack. Pg 36.

The utility mechadendrite description says it counts as a combi tool, that's where the bonus comes from. I don't really see it stacking with a handheld combi tool - the bonus is coming from the same source, in effect. Maybe the utility mechadendrite counts as an assisting character?

Drurian said:

Nurgle worshipping Heretek, Nicholas Santo

You made a Nurglite Heretek and named him Santa Claus? That's... I'm not sure if it's awesome, or just wrong.

Morangias said:

Drurian said:

Nurgle worshipping Heretek, Nicholas Santo

You made a Nurglite Heretek and named him Santa Claus? That's... I'm not sure if it's awesome, or just wrong.

No reason it can't be both XD

Zarkov N said:

The utility mechadendrite description says it counts as a combi tool, that's where the bonus comes from. I don't really see it stacking with a handheld combi tool - the bonus is coming from the same source, in effect. Maybe the utility mechadendrite counts as an assisting character?

Good point. Probably wouldn't count as assisting though, be a bit too nice.

The real deal with Medicae and Utility mechadendrites is, they look cool and let you have these equipment bonuses all the time without having to actually carry the items.

Morangias said:

The real deal with Medicae and Utility mechadendrites is, they look cool and let you have these equipment bonuses all the time without having to actually carry the items.

True dat. Maybe if it was Best Craftsmanship, it might count for an extra +5 if you have tools to use in your hands. Then again, we start verging into Spiderman 2 - Doc Ock territory. Not impossible.

Morangias said:

My players - including the one with the Heretek - don't really care for Mechadendrites at all. They would certainly laugh at the idea that they look cool.

HappyDaze said:

Morangias said:

My players - including the one with the Heretek - don't really care for Mechadendrites at all. They would certainly laugh at the idea that they look cool.

Seriously? My various tech-priests have always taken at least a few. An especially long optical mechandendrite made even my walking tank of a Magos Militant in RT capable of spying. ;)

I ended up with four mechadendrites with my explorator - somewhat inspired by the Doc Ock look, I admit...