Couple of questions that have come up FAQ.

By jhagen, in Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game

1. Once discovered, can a great person be killed other than the destruction of the city he is in? for example does blockading a great person kill him.

2. I was spain on sunday going for a coin victory and found myself with 9 coins and 25 trade and got into an argument when i moved my token to 34 during the trade phase. My argument is that if i did not have those coins i would have gained the 25 trade. why should my choice of victory path penalize my trade production. I had to capitulate because the rulebook stated the cap was 27 trade.

3. Is there any way to stop the russians from just researching movement speed technology and stealing from everyone else? I had the brandenburg gate wonder and found it was useless against the russian ability because THEY SACRIFICED THEMSELVES before the end of the turn. This seems a little powerful especially in a multiplayer environment and say the hanging gardens wonder.

jhagen said:

1. Once discovered, can a great person be killed other than the destruction of the city he is in? for example does blockading a great person kill him.

2. I was spain on sunday going for a coin victory and found myself with 9 coins and 25 trade and got into an argument when i moved my token to 34 during the trade phase. My argument is that if i did not have those coins i would have gained the 25 trade. why should my choice of victory path penalize my trade production. I had to capitulate because the rulebook stated the cap was 27 trade.

3. Is there any way to stop the russians from just researching movement speed technology and stealing from everyone else? I had the brandenburg gate wonder and found it was useless against the russian ability because THEY SACRIFICED THEMSELVES before the end of the turn. This seems a little powerful especially in a multiplayer environment and say the hanging gardens wonder.

1. Not by blokading, but there are some ulture cards that can do it.

2. I dont understand this, if you should get more the 27 you just get 27 instead, What is the problem?

3. You must kill them before they get to your city center. Or some culture cards can help eg. Defection...