Deluxe expansion for missing copies of cards

By In hoc signo vinces, in Warhammer Invasion Off Topic

Hi everyone,

I played single set since the beginning, and when FFG decided to include 3 copies of every card in the battle packs, I was very happy. I asked them if they would sell a deluxe expansion including all the missing copies of the cards from the Core Set, Corruption Cycle and Assault on Ulthuan. They answered me that such a product would not sell since players of WH:I focus on playing rather than collecting.

Their answer surprised me. I'm a single set player and I only play occasionally with friends. I would still be glad to pay to get all the cards. Every time I build a deck I need some cards I don't have. For now, I just write the name and cost of the card on a paper that I insert over an unused card in a protective sleeve, and I'm tired of doing so.

I wanted to ask you guys what you think: would you pay for a deluxe expansion including all the missing copies of cards? Did you all buy other Core Sets and battle packs the get the cards you needed? What do you around the problem?

Maybe, if we are numerous enough, we could get FFG to print the expansion we want.

I would buy such an expansion and i think new players would do the same.

love it and totally would buy it...please DO IT ffg!

I bought 3x core, 3x Corruption cycle, and 3x Assault.

A great idea would be with the Print on demand service to allow players to pick and choose cards for the purpose of deck building , card replacements ect..

and it should be cheap enough for both Fantasy Flight and the player.

I'd buy a product like this too, it would really be nice to flesh out all the single cards I have from the Corruption Cycle, especially.

I own 2x core and 2x assault, and 1x all other expansions . Would love an expansion to complete my collection so I could build decks knowing I have all cards x3

I had the same thoughts, it would be awesome.

I definitely won't buy another Cores set, or multiple Assault/Corruption packs to have all cards in 3 copies, but I would buy such set, with "lacking" copies.

However, I am afraid that business view of FFG is quite different, as some players WILL buy multiple Core/Assault/Corruption packs, so special edition like this would not be so profitable after all. Sad but true.

P.S. By the way, I find explanation, that "such a product would not sell since players of WH:I focus on playing rather than collecting" very awkward and dishonest. Focusing on playing is exactly what causes the urge to have 3 copies of some early cards in the first place… But anyway, either collectors or players, it would be respectful for the fans (=customers) to fix this early publishing mistake and finally fully fit this game to advertised LCG format ('so different than previous money-draining competitors…")

GO, GO, GO FFG! Don't be just another bloody soulless corporation! :-)

I would love to be able to buy an expansion to allow me to have 3 copies of every card

I love FFG games and WHI but I cant really afford to purcahse multiple copies of core and assualt sets and any cycle cards where only 1 or 2 cards were included to give me the 3 of each card for deck building purposes.