Animal hybrid Question

By Smokes, in Black Crusade Rules Questions

Hello. So we began a Black Crusade game last night, and the Dark Gods deemed that my World Eater should be blessed with the animal spirit of a Primate, making him a Khorne Monkey....

So in the description of this trait, it says that the player gains all the "strengths of the animal" but does not suffer the same intellect penalties that the PC would if he/she had the Bestial trait. It also states "this is not purely cosmetic..."

But the trait lists no "bonus" at all. So is the trait strictly just a roleplay flavor (ie PURELY COSMETIC) or is there in fact the implication that the PC would receive the benefits of the Bestial trait (1d5+1 str) without the negative motifiers as described by the fluff (minus intelligence and willpower)

Cheers

Smokes

Exactly as you say - you would gain any bonuses from the Bestial trait without suffering any of the penalties.

Why I can agree that giving it the bonuses of Bestial (Probably the mutation, not the trait) would be quite appropriate, in this case I think the "Far more than cosmetic mutation" references the text proceeding it, namely "the character’s very essence takes on something of that of the animal it merges with, altering his thought patterns to something other than a human’s."

In other words, the mutation goes beyond the visual by imparting personality traits. Which, as the text mentions, the player should be rewarded for playing.

Reverend mort said:

In other words, the mutation goes beyond the visual by imparting personality traits. Which, as the text mentions, the player should be rewarded for playing.

And what player wouldn't want a justification for flinging poop at his fellows once in a while?