New England

By Jamboxx, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

Any groups located here? I'd prefer something closer to CT, but I'm willing to travel places on the fringe, depending on how far. For instance, there is a great shop called Modern Myths in Northampton, Ma, although they don't carry the chapter packs... I'm bummed, none of my local friends have any interest, even though they are all self-proclaimed Ice and Fire fans! All they want to do is play D&D, the grumkins. I'm really interested in the Storyline play, if it matters.

Thanks!

I haven't played D&D in forever, but it would seem like it and AGOT would scratch very different itches, but if it's simply a matter of limited free time, I can understand (being married with children, it's not easy for me to make time for a game night). Maybe when their guard is down you can lure them into a game with the Core Set decks and make a convert or two yet. happy.gif

I'm not aware of any groups in CT playing AGOT that have made themselves known on these boards. There is a group of Eastern MA players (not many post on here, though) and then there's the NY group I'm apart of. There are two spheres for NY that overlap: one is out on Long Island located around Mineola where there is a supporting game shop and then there's the group that meets up in Manhattan. I'm not sure what sort of meetups are happening on LI at this time. In Manhattan, we are running a storyline league, but our meetups are almost always weekday evenings. Does work or anything else bring you into Manhattan much? If so, then maybe you can join in some night.

Unfortunately, this does not seem a possibility. I work second shift, and even if I didn't, that would be one hell of a haul. Thanks anyway!

If you hear of anything closer, please let me know.

Thanks a lot!

Let me know if you get a group formed up in CT.

I'm in NH and also looking for a group, but I have friends, and family in CT.

Depending upon where in CT you are, you may want to try the Dragon's Den in Poughkeepsie, NY. I know that the store owner and store manage there likes the game, and would let to get some regular games going there.

Pat E

Hmmm, I had a post up about looking for players in CT a while back -- I guess it got lost when the boards changed. I am in the New Haven area though so that might be a bit out of the way if you guys are mentioning places near MA and NH....

Right now the game in Eastern MA is on the low. Out of the three night's watch, two got back into magic and are heavily involved in the tourney season. The third hasn't been playing ccg's at all of late. They're all sort of burned over the events of last fall. The last game of thrones I played was black friday. I've been playing with decks, but not with anyone even casually. (This extends to all fantasy flight games, folks don't want to touch even arkham horror).

The stores still carry the sets, and I'm hoping that with the new faster rotation magic announced that after "Standard" season completes and people start playing Extended again... some of them will get out of magic and look at the King's Landing stuff and want to play again.

I still plan to bring my decks to connecticon. I've got a Bara winter deck, a nasty Targ deck and my Greyjoy "Standard" deck.

If any of you find yourselves in Boston, I'm willing to bring myself and my decks to Pandemonium.

I am in New Haven, CT, gaming frequently. GoT, board games of various types, a few different RPGs, and really anything I can get my hands on.

Message me if you want to find out more about the email lists we use for coordination. I am happy to get in touch with folks who are interested in knowing about the regular gaming events in this area.

In addition to weekly meetings I organize AnonyCon and help out with ConnectiCon and ConnCon, both big spots for games and good places to meet more local gamers.

Any word on this? I'm over in Torrington. One of my friends plays in the Manhattan group, but the weekday meetup dates make it pretty much impossible for me to get there (I work Mon - Fri, 9-5).

I'd really like to get a chance to play this outside of the irregular hangs with my gamer friends.

I just put in a big self celebratory order of LCG stuff, so soon I should have a bunch of decks to teach and play with.

Message me if you want to get together in the New Haven area (or for conventions in Stamford) and I can put you on some mailing lists.

Are there active Game of Thrones LCG groups in the Manhattan area?

though i'm from DC, i know for sure that there's a group that regularly plays in manhattan. also, check out the "general discussion" forum for the discussion of a large east coast tourney we're putting together for july 18, to be held either in manhattan or in/near philly.

We're trying to get together some AGOT in New Haven in the New Year if there's still interest?

There definitely is on my part, but I think I'm already counted in the "we"

New to the forums and AGoT, but live in New Haven and would really like to get together. Myself and a friend just started playing the game in November with the core set but went out and grabbed some Chapter Packs just a week ago. We're still learning but are very excited. Anyone out there who wants to take advantage of some new players, we'd be willing to be your punching bags, hehe.

I'd be that friend. Also in the New Haven vicinity (little further north but it's drivable). Been having fun with the game, would definitely be entertaining to try playing against some other people.

Great. Looks like there are 5 of us now.

We've now started meeting up in New Haven. Do post if others nearby want to join us.