multiplayer game question

By monk, in Death Angel

Hi,

I've played this game a number of times solo and will be playing multiplayer this weekend.

Can someone explain the rules regarding choosing actions in multiplayer games. It says in rules that you can't discuss what actions you are going to take etc. How does this work and what are the tactics for choosing actions in a multiplayer game.

Thanks

you are correct. in the rules it does state that you are not permitted to discuss the actions. i for one think that this is a foolish rule considering that this is a tactical team-survival game. last night i played a 2 player game for the first time ever and we discussed the moves. (i was teaching a noob)

i dont see how discussing the moves makes things any easier. this game still was very difficult and we did not win. we played 3 games for a total of 3 losses.

as far as following the rules it is admirable to follow all rules as they were meant to be. the contradiction to that is up to the players. for example the expansion packs all advise that you do not mix them with the base game and they are to be played by themselves. i have mixed the cards and it played just fine.

ultimately dude, i say follow what plays best. observe the rules and game mechanics that make it the game taht it is and just have fun with it

you are correct. in the rules it does state that you are not permitted to discuss the actions. i for one think that this is a foolish rule considering that this is a tactical team-survival game. last night i played a 2 player game for the first time ever and we discussed the moves. (i was teaching a noob)

i dont see how discussing the moves makes things any easier. this game still was very difficult and we did not win. we played 3 games for a total of 3 losses.

as far as following the rules it is admirable to follow all rules as they were meant to be. the contradiction to that is up to the players. for example the expansion packs all advise that you do not mix them with the base game and they are to be played by themselves. i have mixed the cards and it played just fine.

ultimately dude, i say follow what plays best. observe the rules and game mechanics that make it the game taht it is and just have fun with it

I thought you could discuss possibilities, but not explicitly say which one you were going to deploy.

Either way, I'm sure Terminator armor comes standard with vox comm links, so I'm fine with discussion of that.

Rules say: "Players may share any information they wish about
the Action cards in their hand but may not show
cards in their hand to other players." So you can discuss Actions, but not show them. I personally don't follow this rule, since communication is the way to sucess in this game.

I never truly understood this rule as it only hurts noobs after a few games I had all the cards basically memorised and if I forgot any I would remember after a few rounds anyway really it hurts people who dont have the exp with this game to have it memorised.