Needs an errata!

By blueberrywaffle, in Ventura

The following rules are unclear:

Retreating - Do you just move one tile over or do you get your Army/Company's movement value like in the Troop Phase.

Side Deal - What is a fortune card? Does that mean Captain of Fortune? Are you allowed to look through the Ventura deck and grab them? Or does it mean draw a Ventura card for 2 Florins and Fortune is a typo?

Terrain Types - Needs some sort of index for the terrain types. I can make a pretty good guess as to what a hill is vs a mountain but still, it's pretty confusing without it written somewhere.

Event Cards - Can these be played right away or do you have to wait until next turn?

I think once these rules have been looked at and clarified, this will be my new favorite game.

This is the way we’ve been playing. I haven’t seen a lot of rules responses here or on BGG so I can’t verify anything.

Side Deal: I believe the “Fortune” cards are the Ventura (2 coin) cards as you describe (“ventura” in Italian means fortune).

Event cards can be used as soon as you get them but only in the phase they specify. You cannot, however, purchase a card and play one to get around the 5 card hand limit regardless of whether you can play the card in the same phase you buy it.

Regarding Retreating: in the rules it states: “First, the attacker has the opportunity to retreat into an adjacent Territory of his Domain without any opponent’s Troops on it.” So you only move one hex (adjacent) not the move value of the
army/company.

I agree that the rules should include a clear list of the terrain images for identification.

I appreciate the quick response. I must have missed the part in the rules about retreating, so thanks for pointing that out.