Elder Sign Omens

By Booly, in Elder Sign

Just wanted to say... Whoever decided to make this game an ipod app should be seriously tortured and driven insane. I can NEVER get any work done!!!! It is too **** fun for it's own good! I keep thinking..."No more after this game" The next thing I know there is a stack of work I should have been doing piled up and it's time to go home.

But seriously...Way to go with this one. This game is my favorite app ever. I do wish there were other Ancient Ones and that the next portion of fighting to remove doom tokens was available, but all in all this game is so beautifully done. It also helped me truly understand how the board game I own SHOULD be played...Turns out I was playing it slightly incorrect.

Nice to hear but I would like to point out that this forum is for the boardgame Elder Sign happy.gif If you wish to discuss the app Elder Sign: Omens then I would suggest you repost your comment in the Elder Sign: Omens forum.

You can navigate the following links from any page. Catalog > Media > Elder Signs: Omens > Message Board

In the style of The Voice Of Thoth imma gonna do a bit of serious Necro...

As per the OP, I made a cataclysic error and downloaded Omens to keep me occupied during my journey to the continent.

This app haunts my waking hours, and drags me screaming from the realms of sleep. I cannot rest. Whispering voices ply me with ceaseless questions, and the one that is repeated the most...

...is does the boxed game play similarly and compare favourably to the app? I feel the need to take my acquaintances on a Yuletide quest into the Arctic tundra...

On 11/11/2017 at 1:15 PM, FTS Gecko said:

In the style of The Voice Of Thoth imma gonna do a bit of serious Necro...

As per the OP, I made a cataclysic error and downloaded Omens to keep me occupied during my journey to the continent.

This app haunts my waking hours, and drags me screaming from the realms of sleep. I cannot rest. Whispering voices ply me with ceaseless questions, and the one that is repeated the most...

...is does the boxed game play similarly and compare favourably to the app? I feel the need to take my acquaintances on a Yuletide quest into the Arctic tundra...

The original game is almost identical to the app. I haven't cross referenced the cards to compare their text a but I believe it's a direct port. After buying some box expansions, you'll have even more variety.

Grave Consequences is a must-have with the added insanity and gravestone mechanics. Unseen Forces adds some neat new stuff, too. The other expansions change the whole game in that they have whole new sets of location cards and introduce new game elements. Gates of Arkham is the best of them, IMO, and it also has the best cards to add to your item decks.

Edited by Arttemis