anobody up for campaign rules?

By deedob, in Dust Warfare

My personal wish for Dust Warfare: campaign rules.

I'd love a persistent meta game over rounds of Dust Warfare. Keep your units, achieve different goals... win enough battles and you could win the long-term war.

It would provide variety over "kill your opponent's units" scenarios, keep a focus on remaining units and heroes. etc.

Maybe something along the lines of an invasion. Have a vastly superior force hammer the other side over a course of 6 or 7 scenarios. The invaders keep the survivors from game to game... until they are wiped out or can complete the last scenario.

Any chance of something similar being included in Dust Warfare?

I would love to see campaign rules. :D

I hope they incorporate some of the ongoing campaign ideas from AT-43. Squads that survived and accomplished certain feats were eligible for awards which were like gaining an upgrade or special ability. It was fun and stirred up some strategies where really elite squads were as big a target as objectives because you did not want to see them used game after game. A decorated squad lost its extra abilities if totally annihilated in a game.

Of course, good campaign rules are the salt of any good miniatures game.

I think Andy Chambers is a fan of campaigns though based on his Warhammer 40k work and White Dwarf, so if he has a say in the matter we'll see campaign rules.