Blockading Great Person

By kruk2, in Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game

Hi,

Yesterday I was playing Civilization F&F with my friend, and a question appeard.

When someone, in movement phase, puts a figure on great person marker, blockades only this particular marker or corresponding great person card also?

And what in case (If answer for above is 'yes'.), when someone has more then one great person of that type?

According to rulebook for expansion: "A player cannot use a great person’s ability unless they have at least one great person marker of that great person’s type on the map."

If you assume that blocaded great person marker isn't on the map, you have to blockade all markers of certain great person' s type to blockade all of great people's card that type. If you take this literally even if someone blockade great person's marker it stil lies on the map, so there is no any blockading great person card (only killing).

Could be nice to have an official ruling about this.

Here was how i asked this on BBG :

Here is the point.
If a scout or an army makes a blocus on, for exemple, a Great General, can the blocked player use his Great General card ?
He don't lose his card (like when the GP is killed) but cannot use it as a blocus is occuring ?
In the case where the player owns 2 Great Generals and 2 Great General cards, and one of them is blockaded. Do you randomly decide which card can't be used and/or lose his permanent bonus ? Or does the blockaded player decide which card he can't use ? What happen if one card is a permanent bonus and the other one is a "discard to use" card ?
Or simply block a GP don't affect GP card ?
No one could give clear answer about it.
I agree that it you follow the text litteraly, it seems blocus don't affect GP card (and this, probably to avoid some tricky issues).
But the question came to the mind of lot of player, considering that a blocus on a GP block the card too. And they play it like that (the blockaded player decide which card he can't use due to a blocus).
Cheers.

Don't know what the official word would be, but so long as the great person is not dead, I think his card can still be used. For simplicity's sake, this works best.

The way i read the rules you may both own and use any number of Great Person cards of any one type as long as you have one of that type of GP tile in play.