Interest in Custom Coins/Power Markers/Title Pieces?

By speedreeder, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

How many people would be interested in the above items? My fiancee is a professional metalsmith and she can't stand the cardboard/plastic pieces. She's curious if others would buy replacements, and what they would want to see.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why that is all in white. The text should read:

How many people would be interested in the above custom items? My fiancee is a professional metalsmith and she can't stand the cardboard/plastic pieces. She's curious if others would buy replacements, and what they would want to see.

I'd love to be able to buy coins with Robert's image on them.

I'd definitely be interested in all of the above.

Ditto'd. We've been looking at finding a way to do something like that as prize support for Regionals and the like around here.

I know FFG does various stuff for prize support for their events and the league kits... have you thought about contacting them and see if they are interested?

I'm interested in the coins and power markers, but not the title pieces.

We'll look into getting them in as prizes, that could be pretty cool and would draw some attention to her work.

would buy all of these

As long as they were the right size/shape, I would be! I had coins with Robert's face at one point (and a Dothraki coin, and a penny from the North) but they were pretty so-so in usefulness. The Robert one wasn't flat, and the others were too small.

As long as they were the right size/shape, I would be! I had coins with Robert's face at one point (and a Dothraki coin, and a penny from the North) but they were pretty so-so in usefulness. The Robert one wasn't flat, and the others were too small.

Sounds like our Shire Post Mint coins. Yeah, Robert was pretty chunky. They were made primarily for collectors. I am happy to announce that we have introduced gaming coins for Game of Thrones, fully licensed by George R.R. Martin! We have fourteen different coins, six of the small dime-size "power" token size, and eight of the larger quarter-size "gold" tokens that we supply for the gaming community in bags of 20. They are being introduced right now (March 2015) in a Kickstarter which is live at: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1717678842/a-game-of-thrones-fantasy-gaming-coins-by-shire-po/messages

The smaller ones are available now on the website... http://www.shirepost.com and there is one type of the larger one (the Highgarden Hand) that's up there now. The seven new ones will be avialable on the website after the Kickstarter pledges are all fulfilled. Here is the full list:

The small dime-size "1/2 penny" coins used in place of the "power" tokens in

the game:

* Rickard Stark

* Quellon Greyjoy

* Aegon V Targaryen

* Loren Lannister

* Tommen Baratheon

* Doran Martell

And the larger quarter-size "1/2 Dragon" coins used in place of the "gold"

tokens in the game:

* Robb Stark

* Quellon Greyjoy

* Daenerys Targaryen

* Tywin Lannister

* Stannis Baratheon

* Oberyn Martell

* Garth XII Gardener

* Mace Tyrell

Note that these are fully licensed. George R.R. Martin gets a royalty on all these. The Kickstarter is so that we can target production runs and keep prices as low as we possibly can. The prices in the Kickstarter are the lowest you will ever see on these!