Advantage Cards

By drag0nfly18, in Anima: The Card Game

Recently I bought Anima: Twilight of the Gods. I don't have the previous two games and I'm a bit confused on how the advantage cards are played.

1) Which advantage cards are discarded after been used?

2) Do ability cards remain in play, are discarded or they are returned to the player's hand after use?

3) The Artifacts stay in play until they are replaced? Do they count against max hand size?

Recently I bought Anima: Twilight of the Gods. I don't have the previous two games and I'm a bit confused on how the advantage cards are played.

2) Do ability cards remain in play, are discarded or they are returned to the player's hand after use?

3) The Artifacts stay in play until they are replaced? Do they count against max hand size?

Thanks!

drag0nfly18 said:

1) Adcantage cards are mostly used and discarded but some plot cards remain in play like Artifacts and trap cards.

2) They are discarded.

3)Yes, no.

Great! thx that was quite helpful!!

And one more thing:

If I stay in an area on consecutive turns do i have to draw preliminary encounters each round ?

I read in a forum that i have to but its kind of strange to do so since the encounter is "preliminary"!!

Thx again!

drag0nfly18 said:

And one more thing:

If I stay in an area on consecutive turns do i have to draw preliminary encounters each round ?

I read in a forum that i have to but its kind of strange to do so since the encounter is "preliminary"!!

Thx again!

No, at least from my understanding you only draw a preliminary encounter when you are trying to enter an area.

• Move to an Area in play
  • Seek new horizons
  • Rest

A Party may chose to rest rather than visit an Area or seek new horizons.
To rest, the Party does nothing during the Movement Phase. If the Party is in an Area, it
is expelled from that Area.
Then, during the next turn, the Party receives +2 Combat
Ability and +2 Speed.

So if you choose to do nothing on the next movement phase, you automatically rest and move from the area, so you can never be on the same area two turns in a row.

Irxson said:

drag0nfly18 said:

And one more thing:

Thx again!

I tried to edit my last post without success, I was hoping to explain myself better.

No, at least from my understanding you only draw a preliminary encounter when you are trying to enter an area.

Every turn in your movement phase you have to choose one of the following:

• Move to an Area in play
  • Seek new horizons
  • Rest

A Party may chose to rest rather than visit an Area or seek new horizons.
To rest, the Party does nothing during the Movement Phase. If the Party is in an Area, it
is expelled from that Area.
Then, during the next turn, the Party receives +2 Combat
Ability and +2 Speed.

So if you choose to do nothing on the next movement phase, you automatically rest and are removed from the area, so you can never be on the same area two turns in a row.

Nice! Thanx alot!