What is this?

By Tromdial, in Dust Warfare

That is an interesting idea. Different players in different areas do tend to come up with highly varied ways to interpret and utilize rules. With enough diversity in playtest groups, you'd still have a nice cross section of player types and styles.

Having no crossover means it would take further releases to get new ideas to other groups, but it would also keep an extra level of control. It would be a slower process, but certainly a workable one.

Gimp said:

That is an interesting idea. Different players in different areas do tend to come up with highly varied ways to interpret and utilize rules. With enough diversity in playtest groups, you'd still have a nice cross section of player types and styles.

Especially if one group of playtesters have primarily a miniatures wargames background whilst other groups may have boardgame players in the majority.

Each group has a very valid contribution........ of course when all said and done though its the publisher who makes the final decision as it is their bucks on the line.

Harikaridog said:

Gimp said:

Especially if one group of playtesters have primarily a miniatures wargames background whilst other groups may have boardgame players in the majority.

Each group has a very valid contribution........ of course when all said and done though its the publisher who makes the final decision as it is their bucks on the line.

Yes, that is why there was some more changes and rules development after the open playtest. I have no idea what changes were made or if there are any that were revamped since the final document I saw.

It will certainly be interesting to compare what is finally published vs the last proofread edition we saw.

I'm all for it as an option. A long as FFG doesn't discontinue support and updates to Dust Tactics in favor of DW.