House completely eliminated

By jokeisup, in A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (1st Edition)

What happens when a player is completely eliminated from the game - they have no more castles or units? In my case, the eliminated person in question is the holder of the iron throne. When he loses all his units, does he still get to hold on to the iron throne, thereby continuing to influence ties in the game? Or is he completely removed from the influence tracks, moving everyone else up?

In the event of a house being completely eliminated. That player would be removed from the influence tracks because they no longer have any influence.

I would actually opt to leave the influence tracks unchanged, until the next bidding. There's the unlikely case of a house's "homeground" becoming unoccupied and a mustering card coming up during the Westeros phase. In such an event a player could return to the game, even though previously eliminated. I don't know if the rulebook says anything about eliminated players. I will have to check when I'm home.

Either way, it'll be a somewhat unsatisfying game for that player. So I doubt it would make much difference to him or her. It might make quite a bit of difference to the players on the King's Court track, though.

jokeisup said:

What happens when a player is completely eliminated from the game - they have no more castles or units?

Can't happen. The rules make no mention of the elimination of a House. A House with no castles or units is simply that - a House with no castles or units. All the rules continue to apply.

So, in the example you mention, the House with no castles or units holds the Iron Throne. The rules say what the effects of holding the Iron Throne are, and you continue to follow them. If somebody else doesn't like that, I guess that person had better save up some power for the next Clash of Kings. Theoretically, a player with no units or castles could still control a lot of areas with power tokens on the board, and could keep collecting power through Game of Thrones as a result. The king could sit the Iron Throne for quite a while, until someone hoovers up all the undefended regions and gathers the power to oust him.