Strategize Confusion

By Tromdial, in Death Angel

Hi. I had a clarification issue with the purple team's support card Strategize. It says,

"After resolving this card's [support] action, you may move 1 swarm to an adjacent position and/or move it to the other side of the formation."

My question is do I have to move the swarm adjacent to purple team, regardless of moving it to either side of the formation; or is it in layman's terms simply stating that I can put 1 swarm adjacent to any space marine I want, and/or move it to the other side of the formation.

I have been playing it the latter way, not the former (purple MUST be engaged). Is this correct?

Also, if I have two or more gene-stealers in a swarm that share the same movement icon, and the Event card says they move... Do they move once or once for each genestealer with that icon?

Lastly, what if blue team Intimidates a Broodlord (or any unique, non-blip genestealer, ala Adrenal Genestealers)? Are they just ignored, since they cannot be shuffled, or are they killed?

The card does not specify that you must be engaged with that swarm, so you can move any swarm. Just bear in mind that you can only move it one position.

Tromdial said:

Also, if I have two or more gene-stealers in a swarm that share the same movement icon, and the Event card says they move... Do they move once or once for each genestealer with that icon?

They move once overall.

Tromdial said:

Lastly, what if blue team Intimidates a Broodlord (or any unique, non-blip genestealer, ala Adrenal Genestealers)? Are they just ignored, since they cannot be shuffled, or are they killed?

I would say ignored, since you can't complete the full action of the card (can't move them into the blip pile). If you want to think of it in terms of role-playing, you can't scare the big fellas :)

Oh, they move ONE-ADJACENT-POSITION. Jeez, I get it now. So any swarm, typically five different slots it can be plugged into (three if they are sitting on edge of formation, either top or bottom). *Red face* Knowledge is power.

when using strategize - do the swarms immediately merge? I mean if i moved 1 and 1 together, they attack as a pair rather than 2 separate attacks?

Any one have a definitive answer for this?

I play that they merge immediately

nssxxx said:

when using strategize - do the swarms immediately merge? I mean if i moved 1 and 1 together, they attack as a pair rather than 2 separate attacks?

Any one have a definitive answer for this?

I play that they merge immediately

Yeah, when Strategize lifts one swarm and puts it on the other, they are immediately treated as one swarm, which also means if one was Power Fielded, or had a support token on them from Target Lock, they all receive that treatment because they have become one swarm.