Did I read correctly ... 300 MINIATURES?

By SuperKalelJorson7, in Fortress America

I love the sculpts, I imagine they're the smallish Runewars style, which is fine. I honestly can't wait to play it now and hear more about the rules options.

They even consulted the original designer which is a nice touch.

Yep, divided by 4 factions that's 75 minis per team. I've always loved the mountain of bits that comes with most of FFG's games.

While I hate the term Ameri-Trash, I love any game that fits the catagory.

300 minis

Tons of cards

I hope a ridiculously large board

It will be awsome!

I can't wait, I do love me my mountains of bits and bobs that FFG is always so good at producing. Also finally a topic about this game that actually matters!!

wondering if there will be faction-specific sculpts...

Makes sense. This is a re-print of an old Milton Bradley Gamemaster series game. That was probably the first series of game with tons of bits.

Miah999 said:

While I hate the term Ameri-Trash, I love any game that fits the catagory.

QFT

I love "Ameritrash" and "Eurogames" equally for different reasons. I dislike people who get snooty about one or the other and act like their preferred type of game is somehow objectively better than the other. As long as a game is entertaining to play, it is a good game, and obviously what entertains you is subject to personal opinion.

What is the quality like for the miniatures?

I would rate the quality of the minis are pretty darn great.

nope, all inf/arm/heli are the same for each player except partisans for the American, maybe a follow on set will have special units. I'm painting the infantry, partisans and lasers…i know..don't laugh,

skepticon said:

nope, all inf/arm/heli are the same for each player except partisans for the American, maybe a follow on set will have special units. I'm painting the infantry, partisans and lasers…i know..don't laugh,

<chuckle> You know these weren't meant to be painted, right? These are just fancier versions of the cardboard squares used for markers in more sophisticated simulations. Think chess or checker pieces at this level with the printing of extra dice instead of having to consult tables like in the old days.

Of course, have fun with your property, but just make sure players can easily see which army is which.