White Noise power and Bionic Eyes?

By ThethatGuy, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

So the minor power White Noise gives -20 to Perception tests to locate the user with psychic or technological means, and if it would be detected with no test needed, it's a +10 INT/WP test to to notice it.

So in my game today, party gets in a fight, and the tech priest tries to get his servo skull to attack, but it cant see the targets (Failed +10 INT test to see foe in the open) So then someone mentions the tech priest had recently replaced his eyes with Bionics with built in photo lenses. So the question came up if he could see them with his technological eyes. At the time, he failed the +10 INT test for two rounds, so i had him see them as indistinct blurs (-20 to hit) until he finally passed.

I'm just wondering what others opinions are for whether bionics could see the target, or if seeing something out in plain sight counts as "detecting without a test" for the White Noise Power.

I would argue that the bionic eyes are not affected because of the processing power of the (living) brain on the person with the bionic eye greatly surpasses the capabilities of the wetware etched into the servo skull and the processing capabilities of it's minor cogitators. At least he would get a +30 to that test.

That's just me though.